I am happy to announce the release of a new open source framework for sites development: AgileSites 1.0.0.beta1.
AgileSites is an open source framework built using standard and documented Sites API provinding a number of features meant to simplify development, mostly to make agile development and offshoring way easier and more manageable.
Some of the features:
- MVC with plain Java controller and pure HTML views
- Integrated unit testing and build system
- Integrated csdt so everything is source and can be stored in Git or Subversion and rebuilt with jenkins in minutes
- Hot reloading of java classes, including the url assembler - you code in java without restarting the application server
- Single jar deployment - all your site code is in a jar that can be easily tracked and moved around
- A simplified API layer built on top of standard tag assets making development a breeze
- Complete and unlimited access to the full Sites API
- Keeps the JSP structure so the framework can be added to another site using JSP
AgileSites is available in his own dedicated site: www.AgileSites.org with a video showing his capabilites.