0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2013 1:52 AM by 415c2962-e9a7-4fc3-a9dc-7092fd05f9dd RSS

c_get() returns -30989 when accessed from two applications

415c2962-e9a7-4fc3-a9dc-7092fd05f9dd

i have a key/data hash table database. In which i have exposed an interface to traverse and print the the entire table (say, getall_contents()). I am using cursor implementation to go to the each record in a loop.

This interface is present in an application(say, mydbapplication) and can be accessed by other applications (say, test_mydbapplication).

My algorithm in getall_contents() function is,

while(End of table)

cursor(); // getcursor

c_get(,,,DB_SET_RANGE);//set cursor to last fetched item in the table. This statement will be exempted for first item of the table.

c_get(,,,DB_NEXT);//get the next item

c_close();//close cursor, to allow other application to write(if any) and avoid any deadlocks.

This function works fine if accessed by one application at a time. However if accessed by more than one application simultaneously, then c_get(,,,DB_SET_RANGE) returns -30989, even if data that i want to set is in the mid of the table.

My testing environment output :

i access API getall_contents() through my test_mydbapplication in two consoles, first console's output is incomplete, meaning it doesnt print all the contents of hash table and returns with return value -30989. But the second console prints all the contents and returns with return value -30989.

Note : -30989 is the return value am getting when an end of table is reached, in a working scenario as well.

So my question is,

Why does c_get(,,,DB_SET_RANGE) returns end of table, when accessed by more than one application ?

Note : Same logic works fine when accessed through single application.