1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 18, 2013 1:58 AM by Sachin Gupta RSS

Primavera with Oracel 11g standard edition ( Connecting multiple databases)

I have installed primavera 8.2 with Oracle 11g standard edition. ( After lots of trial and errors )

I installed / Created two databases using primavera dbsetup.bat file for creating new database.

Data base names are PMDB and PMDB2

Currently i am using PMDB with oracle connection string as "ORCL" and database aliase as PMDB and its working fine

"C:\app\xxxxx\oradata\orcl" this location contains both databases physically

I seek your advice how to modify string to access other database ( PMDB1)

because if i have tried with different aliase name but it connect to same database ie PMDB

• 1. Re: Primavera with Oracel 11g standard edition ( Connecting multiple databases)
          Sachin Gupta

Is this P6 EPPM 8.2 or P6 PPM? Are you using P6 client or web to connect to it?

If this is P6EPPM then you can log into P6 Administrator and expand database node, create a duplicate node of it and change the database connection parameters. Save it and try to login using P6 Web. Select the correct database from Advance link below Username/Password.

If this is P6 PPM then define tns entries on your machine for both the databases ans use them to configure P6 client.

Sachin Gupta