This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2013 4:38 AM by SaiSandeepT RSS

how to convert form and reports into deployable format?

990187 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

hello,

i  have created an oracle form and oracle report and can any one tell me how to convert form into .fmx and report into deployable format.

2) what kind of oracle d2k reports do they create in real time.can any one give an example?

• 1. Re: how to convert form and reports into deployable format?
    rgvg Explorer

did you say d2k? isn't that a little old? there should be something like frmbld that will compile it for you or you can compile it directly in forms.

• 2. Re: how to convert form and reports into deployable format?
    Christian Erlinger Guru

The forms compiler would be ifcmp60, the reports compiler would be rwcon60. both are located in $ORACLE_HOME/bin. As "real" compilers they create the executables from your source files; namely the fmx/plx/mmx and the rep files though reports can be deployed as rdf's as well.

cheers

• 3. Re: how to convert form and reports into deployable format?
    CraigB Guru

Please tell us what Forms version you are using!  If you are using Forms 6i and older, the deployment process is different than Forms 9i and newer.

Craig...

• 4. Re: how to convert form and reports into deployable format?
    990187 Newbie

hii craig,

iam using oracle 10g forms & reports.can u just tell me how to change 10g form into fmx and report into deployable format.

• 5. Re: how to convert form and reports into deployable format?
    rgvg Explorer

at my work i use dev suite 10g on windows, and the application server is also on windows.

i compile the fmb into an fmx directly in forms builder. open the form in forms builder and the option is in program->compile module on the menu.

there is also frmcmp which you can run, which can also compile the fmb.

once i have the fmx i just copy it to the server into the directory where our forms expects it to be (you can see that in the forms server configuration - FORMS_PATH)

as for the reports, we're still a throwback to the the good old days, so all our reports are still in .rdf format. this does not need any compiling as the reports server will do that when it is executed. so like the .fmx, i just copy it to the directory where our reports server expects it (again you can see this in the reports server configuration - REPORTS_PATH)

we're just a small shop, so there are probably better ways to do this, but that's how we do it. be happy to hear how others do it...

• 6. Re: how to convert form and reports into deployable format?
    CraigB Guru

You need to use the Forms Compiler (frmcmp.sh/exe) on the Application Server (AS) to compile your form.  Are you developing on a Windows computer and deploying to a Windows based AS or is your AS using UNIX/LINUX?  If your AS is Windows based, you could just use the Forms Builder to produce the executable (Ctrl + T); although, this is not recommended by Oracle.  If your AS is UNIX/LINUX based, then you must compile the executable on the AS.  For this, you will need your AS Administrator to help you setup your UNIX/LINUX account profile with all of the required environment variables so you can call the Forms Compiler on the AS.

We develop on Windows and deploy to UNIX so we have created a compile shell script that all developers use that sets the necessary environment variables and calls the Forms Compiler so each developer doesn't have to configure their environment.  This is easier to setup and maintain.

Hope this helps,

Craig...

• 7. Re: how to convert form and reports into deployable format?
    SaiSandeepT Newbie

generating .fmx of a form is quite simple,

first save your form in an appropriate location,

then connect the database (ctrl + j) on keyboard,

then compile the form (ctrl + k) or (ctrl + shift + k) on keyboard,

now generating a .fmx by (ctrl + t) on keyboard...

now see the saved location of the source ,there you find the .fmx (compiled format of form) available...