7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2013 6:47 PM by Rumtis

Viewing USER_SCHEDULER_* in SQL Developer through the GUI

Rumtis

SQL Developer: Version 3.2.20.09
      Oracle DB: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.5.0 - 64bit

Issue:

When I log into the database I only see "DBMS Jobs" under "Scheduler" (in the GUI). There are user defined scheduler jobs setup and I get the right results when I query tables like USER_SCHEDULER_JOBS. I just cannot view/edit them within the GUI.

My only thought is that this DB has been upgraded over the years (from 8.x to 9.x to 10.x) and a SYSTEM-type table that SQL Developer looks to in order to see if User Scheduled Jobs are even an option (and it's not set correctly or my account doesn't have rights to see it).

Or possibly there is a buried options setting in SQL developer that says "only show DBMS jobs"?

Thanks for any assistance.

• 1. Re: Viewing USER_SCHEDULER_* in SQL Developer through the GUI

SQL Developer: Version 3.2.20.09
          Oracle DB: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.5.0 - 64bit

Issue:

When I log into the database I only see "DBMS Jobs" under "Scheduler" (in the GUI). There are user defined scheduler jobs setup and I get the right results when I query tables like USER_SCHEDULER_JOBS. I just cannot view/edit them within the GUI.

My only thought is that this DB has been upgraded over the years (from 8.x to 9.x to 10.x) and a SYSTEM-type table that SQL Developer looks to in order to see if User Scheduled Jobs are even an option (and it's not set correctly or my account doesn't have rights to see it).

Or possibly there is a buried options setting in SQL developer that says "only show DBMS jobs"?

Are you sure you have a "DBMS Jobs" under "Scheduler"? I have "DBMS Jobs" under the connection for the user.

Under "Scheduler" there is just a "Jobs" folder and the jobs for that connection are listed there. Scheduler jobs for other users are listed under the appropriate user in the "Other Users" folder.

Post the DDL that you used to create the job and the specifics of the user that created it.

• 2. Re: Viewing USER_SCHEDULER_* in SQL Developer through the GUI
            Rumtis

Thanks for the response.

I double-checked. There is just "DBMS Jobs" under "Scheduler". Not sure why I would be seeing something different.

Corruption in my SQL Developer of some sort?

Since I probably originally connected to this database back when it was 9.2.x, would something be saved in the connection settings (or in the registry) saying that Scheduler is not available to this database? I've tried recreating the connection with no luck.

Unfortunately, I did not create the jobs. A co-worker did and I was just trying to see what was done. SELECTing from the USER_SCHEDULER* tables worked fine for the moment, but viewing Scheduler jobs is a lot easier than creating a new one.

• 3. Re: Viewing USER_SCHEDULER_* in SQL Developer through the GUI

I just checked with a copy of Sql developer 3.2.20.09 32 bit and the job shows up just fine.

• 4. Re: Viewing USER_SCHEDULER_* in SQL Developer through the GUI
                Brian Maher

Could you try this

For windows

In a command window cd to the <installdir>/sqldeveloper/bin

and enter sqldeveloper -su

That is add the -su argument,  this will create a new set of saved settings.   You will need to re-coonect to the DB and see if the menus appear under Scheduler.

• 5. Re: Viewing USER_SCHEDULER_* in SQL Developer through the GUI
                  Rumtis

Brian, that worked. I am able to see jobs correctly. Thanks.

Now I just need to go back and getting it working for my current (non -su) settings. I will try a couple things and (hopefully) get back to mark you as "correct answer" soon.

• 6. Re: Viewing USER_SCHEDULER_* in SQL Developer through the GUI
                    Rumtis

OK, while the -su argument did work, once I closed down and restarted I was back to my old settings (and problem). My gut tells me this is due to something that didn't work properly in a migration from one version of sql developer to another.

What would be the best way to permanently restart with fresh settings? While I'd rather not have to set everything up once again (there have been some odd settings changed over the years), if that's what I have to do then that's what I have to do.

Thanks again for the help.

• 7. Re: Viewing USER_SCHEDULER_* in SQL Developer through the GUI
                      Rumtis

Found it!

The added things under Scheduler (Jobs, Programs, Chains, etc.) is actually part of a SQL Developer extension that I had disabled for some reason. Re-enabled and restart SQL Developer and I'm good to go.

Thanks again guys!