4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2013 5:13 AM by s9082 RSS

Page break with conditions

s9082

I have a requirement to print the following in a way that when the below table gets repeated, neither the header line should not be printed alone and nor the product group, if only there is enough space in the page for a product to get printed alongwith the previous two lines, then only they should be there in the page otherwise the whole table should go to the second page. Any idea how do we achive this?

Header 1

Header 2

Header 3

Product group 1

Product 1

Product 2

Header 1

Header 2

Header 3

Product group 2

Product 3

• 1. Re: Page break with conditions
          chellweg

I had the exact same issue a month ago.  It is quite an easy fix actually.  You need to wrap your entire header/product group table in word with a single 1 cell table.  Go into the table row properties and uncheck the "Allow row to break across pages" option.  This will ensure that the entire contents will fit on the page.

37e41800-0f40-42c9-9234-01934541495b wrote:

I have a requirement to print the following in a way that when the below table gets repeated, neither the header line should not be printed alone and nor the product group, if only there is enough space in the page for a product to get printed alongwith the previous two lines, then only they should be there in the page otherwise the whole table should go to the second page. Any idea how do we achive this?

Header 1

Header 2

Header 3

Product group 1

Product 1

Product 2

Header 1

Header 2

Header 3

Product group 2

Product 3

• 2. Re: Page break with conditions
            s9082

Thanks!

I have already tried that but I face a problem with it:

When there is around 10 (for e.g) products under the first group and it doesnt fit into the first page the whole thing goes into the second and the customer doesnt want that either.

• 3. Re: Page break with conditions
              chellweg

Do you have some sample of the xml that lists the products?  Do you have a counter in the node that can be checked and wrap a page break in an

<?if:PRODUCT_COUNT>'9'?> Word PageBreak Here <?end if?>

• 4. Re: Page break with conditions
                s9082

Hi, Can you send me your email id so that i can share my xml and rtf?