2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2013 9:55 AM by carlos cortez RSS

How to display multiple reports at the same time

carlos cortez

Hi,

I'm trying to display multiple reports at the same time, each one in separates tabs or windows using Forms 11g 11.1.1.6

I have a button which has a call to a procedure which makes use of rp2rro library to show the specific reports, for example:

call_report('report1');

call_report('report2');

call_report('report3');

call_report('report4');

The main problem is that, just the last report is been displayed.

Is there some way to display report1, report2 etc in separate tabs or windows ??

Regards

Carlos

• 1. Re: How to display multiple reports at the same time
          Michael Tsilikidis

You shouldn't have a problem calling different reports at once. As long as you're using Forms 11g they show up in different windows.

The question is how you are calling the report.

Here is how I manipulate it.

After I pass parameters with the ADD_PARAMETER built-in I set some key values (destype, desformat, desname) with the RP2RRO's procedures.

Finally calling RP2RRO.RP2RRO_RUN_PRODUCT and then WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT passing the correct procedure parameters the report comes up in a window. If you repeat the above changing the appropriate variables (the report_name in the RP2RRO_RUN_PRODUCT and so on) you can get multiple reports in different windows.

• 2. Re: How to display multiple reports at the same time
            carlos cortez

Hi Michael,

When i try to do that, the report always comes up in the same window.

Finally i managed the problem by adding "javascript:window.open" to the web.show_document call.