3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2013 3:56 AM by Ed Rudans RSS

upgrade to 11g

hi all,

we are running our database on 10.2.0.2.0 now we want to upgrade to 11.2.0.1. the server is having 4 instances with 500mb instance size and 4gb of ram. i checked hardware prerequisites, they given like minimum 1gb ram and 5.1gb disk space for db. of-course i have enough space for my databases. now do we need to increase the ram size and instance sizes also 11g.

please suggest.

thanks

• 1. Re: upgrade to 11g
          sb92075

866787 wrote:

hi all,

we are running our database on 10.2.0.2.0 now we want to upgrade to 11.2.0.1. the server is having 4 instances with 500mb instance size and 4gb of ram. i checked hardware prerequisites, they given like minimum 1gb ram and 5.1gb disk space for db. of-course i have enough space for my databases. now do we need to increase the ram size and instance sizes also 11g.

please suggest.

thanks

You should upgrade to V12.1 instead.

• 2. Re: upgrade to 11g

I can see oracle 12.1.0.1.0 is for only linux and solaries. my requirement is for windows machines. in the mean while i got another doubt. there is no db software link for oracle database on windows platform. does it mean it oracle not supported on windows machines from 12c on words.

thanks

• 3. Re: upgrade to 11g
              Ed Rudans

Do you really want to upgrade to 11.2.0.1? And not 11.2.0.3?

There is a bug for AIX that processes consume more memory (related with online patching), fixed in later releases.

Also its suggested to increase ASM memory target to 1GB (default for 11.2.0.3.6)

I would not suggest to upgrade any production env to 12c. (unless you want to be a hero) Wait for 12.2

Regards

Ed