14 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2013 6:12 PM by skhastagir Branched to a new discussion.

ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid

HI

I got the below error while installing Oracle 11.2.0.2.0 in linux server (2.6.18-262.el5)

ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid

ORA-06512: at 'SYS.DBMS_SWRF_INTERNAL",line 206

ORA-06512: at 'SYS.DBMS_SWRF_INTERNAL",line 239

ORA-06512: at line 1

can u please help me to fix this issue.

Thanking you

• 1. Re: ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid

Google is broken for you? If it isn't broken, why are you asking others to do your Google searches?

--------------

Sybrand Bakker

Senior Oracle DBA

• 2. Re: ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid
            Alvaro

Have you tried manually running catproc.sql ? For some reason it is invalid and the creation of the database cannot proceed.

• 3. Re: ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid
              skhastagir

The creation of the database still completed even after I got those error messages. Does this mean I can ignore these messages?

• 4. Re: ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid
                Alvaro

Not at all, you probably have invalid/inconsistent Data dictionary.

Upload the results for these queries:

select comp_name, status from dba_registry;

select object_name, object_type, status from dba_objects where owner in ('SYS','SYSTEM') and status not like 'VALID';

• 5. Re: ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid
                  AbuFazal

You need rerun catproc.sql and recompile the invalid objects.

Please execute the following admin scripts as SYS user.

@?/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql

@?/rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql

• 6. Re: ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid
                    skhastagir

How would one run those two files? Sorry for asking such basic questions, this really isn't my field and was asked to set up a database for CATIA V6R2014.

• 7. Re: ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid
                      AbuFazal

from OS prompt do the following

if Linux

=======================

export ORACLE_SID=<oracle_database_instance_name>

export ORACLE_HOME=<location_where_you_installed_oracle>

export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin

sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL promt will come as follows

SQL>@?/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql

SQL>@?/rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql

if windows

========================

set ORACLE_SID=<oracle_database_instance_name>

set ORACLE_HOME=<location_where_you_installed_oracle>

set PATH=%PATH%:%ORACLE_HOME%\bin

sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL promt will come as follows

SQL>@%ORACLE_HOME%\rdbms\admin\catproc.sql

SQL>@%ORACLE_HOME%\rdbms\admin\utlrp.sql

• 8. Re: ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid
                        skhastagir

I did what you said and get the following. Seems like nothing happened?:

C:\Users\Administrator>sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Fri Aug 9 14:17:23 2013

Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:

Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SQL> C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\RDBMS\ADMIN\catproc.sql

SP2-0024: Nothing to change.

SQL> C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\RDBMS\ADMIN\utlrp.sql

• 9. Re: ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid
                          AbuFazal

skhastagir wrote:

Connected to:

You have missed @ symbol

it should be as follows

SQL>@ C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\RDBMS\ADMIN\catproc.sql

SQL>@ C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\RDBMS\ADMIN\utlrp.sql

• 10. Re: ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid
                            skhastagir

I've tried what you advised and I still get the same error messages. Any idea why this isn't working? Or any other suggestions?

• 11. Re: ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid
                              jgarry

The SP2 error indicates that sqlplus thinks you are giving it a change command, rather than telling it to execute a script.  This tells me you are typing something incorrectly having to do with the @ sign, or perhaps your terminal or sqlplus has some setup to ignore the general usage.  Try this from your sql prompt:

@ c:\blabla

If you don't get an unable to find file type error, there is something wrong with your @ sign.

• 12. Re: ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid
                                sb92075

skhastagir wrote:

Connected to:

[oracle@localhost ~]$ oerr sp2 24

00024,0, "Nothing to change.\n"

// *Cause:  There was nothing in the SQL buffer when using the CHANGE

//          command.

// *Action: Make sure the SQL buffer is not empty before using the

//          CHANGE command.

it should be done as below

SQL> @C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\RDBMS\ADMIN\catproc.sql

you neglected to actually include the "AT SIGN" @ preceding the script name

• 13. Re: ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid
                                  AbuFazal

No.. you didn't try what have been suggested.

Let me repost...

skhastagir wrote:

Connected to:

You have missed @ symbol

it should be as follows

As you can see, you have missed the symbol @ in the begining of the filename

• 14. Re: ORA-13516:AWR Operation failed:Catproc not valid
                                    skhastagir

Thanks everyone for all the responses, I really appreciate the help. I typed the 2 commands that were advised and was still getting the same error messages with the @ sign. However there was one more execution that needed to be done as suggested by Dassault Systems support. It is the catalog.sql. I ran the following in order and it seemed to fix the error messages.

SQL>@ C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\RDBMS\ADMIN\catalog.sql