11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2013 12:48 PM by Srini Chavali-Oracle RSS

Problem with Oracle 12c Installation on RHEL6.

Prashant Dixit

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone of us are quite excited after the release of Oracle 12c r1 database and all of us are ready to test new features packed inside the 'New Red'

But it seems like i have to wait to perform some tests and learn more about the 12c.

Today I've downloaded software from oracle official website:

Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (12.1.0.1.0) for Linux x86-64

Downloadhttp://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/downloads/database12c-linux-download-1959253.htmlhttp://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/downloads/database12c-linux-download-1959253.htmllinuxamd64_12c_database_1of2.zip (1,361,028,723 bytes) (cksum - 3389130601)
      Downloadhttp://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/downloads/database12c-linux-download-1959253.htmlhttp://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/downloads/database12c-linux-download-1959253.htmllinuxamd64_12c_database_2of2.zip (1,116,527,103 bytes) (cksum - 273248753)

and i have already created a brand new Red Hat 6 machine (64 Bit) to install the package and wet my hands with it,

Here is the situation/problem:

I've completed all pre--requisites and checks e.g. installed all needed rpm's

Modified profiles and kernel parameters

Made changes to 'limits.conf' file

Created required usergroups and user accounts

Set SELINUX to permissive

Set the DISPLAY and launched the .runInstaller

Everything went perfect -

~ Prepare  --- Completed

~ Copy Files --- Completed

While 'Linking Libraries' step received an error message which says about which i skipped and soon after that got many different errors related to linking, which i again skipped.

Same has happened during 'Net Configuration Step' and 'DB Configuration Assistant', which i again skipped (Otherwise the message keeps on coming on screen)

After that I've executed root.sh and related scripts from root account.

But now after this installation has completed (With many errors related to linking and Configuration files), I'm not able to launch the sqlplus executable. Even after setting the ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_HOME.

Details:

Database: Oracle 12c Release 1

Package Name: Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (12.1.0.1.0) for Linux x86-64

Files: linuxamd64_12c_database_1of2.zip  and linuxamd64_12c_database_2of2.zip

OS Version:

[oracle@oracle12c ~]$ uname -a

Linux oracle12c 2.6.32-71.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Sep 1 01:33:01 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

[oracle@oracle12c ~]$ uname -m

x86_64

Errors:

First error reported during 'Linking Libraries Stage'

"Error in invoking target 'client_sharedlib' of makefile '/u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/db_1/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk

See /u01/app/orainventory/logs/installactions2013-06-29_12-50-04AMlog for details.

Screen Buttons:

ABORT ----- RETRY ---- CONTINUE

* Tried zillion times to RETRY but no luck, hence have to continue/skip the problem.

Please click below provided link to access/read orainventory installation log files.

http://oracleant.com/discussions/

Other Errors (After this faulty Installation)

[oracle@oracle12c ~]$ sqlplus / as sysdba

sqlplus: error while loading shared libraries: /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/db_1/lib/libclntsh.so.12.1: file too short

[oracle@oracle12c ~]$ dbca

UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/db_1/lib/libnjni12.so: /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/db_1/lib/libclntsh.so.12.1: file too short

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: oracle.net.common.NetGetEnv.get(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;

at oracle.net.common.NetGetEnv.get(Native Method)

at oracle.net.config.Config.getNetDir(Unknown Source)

at oracle.net.config.Config.initConfig(Unknown Source)

at oracle.net.config.Config.<init>(Unknown Source)

at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.NetworkUtils.<init>(NetworkUtils.java:298)

at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.step.StepContext.<init>(StepContext.java:371)

at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.backend.Host.<init>(Host.java:941)

at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.wizard.UIHost.<init>(UIHost.java:243)

at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.wizard.InteractiveHost.<init>(InteractiveHost.java:58)

at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.wizard.InteractiveHost.getInstance(InteractiveHost.java:71)

at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.getHost(Dbca.java:168)

at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.execute(Dbca.java:113)

at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.main(Dbca.java:184)

Suggestions Required.

Thanks

Prashant

• 1. Re: Problem with Oracle 12c Installation on RHEL6.
          Sukumar Chillakuru

Even i am facing the same issue..

Please post your suggestions..

• 2. Re: Problem with Oracle 12c Installation on RHEL6.

You have skipped too many errors while installation. So its not hard to understand that you are getting these errors . I have installed 12c DB on rhel 6 and its working file . I did not set kernel parameters or limits but only disabled firewall .   i just created groups and users on OS and started installation . For me its worked . . I did not get any error once installation began .

If you don't mind you can try steps given in following link .

ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR: Installation of Oracle Database 12 c r1 on RHEL 6.1

• 3. Re: Problem with Oracle 12c Installation on RHEL6.
              Prashant Dixit

What will yo do when you have only options to 'Skip' or else abort the installation ?

Well, the same has happened in this case as well. It prompted so many errors during the process with options to SKIP or to ABORT the installation.

It could have worked good in your case and not only in your case. I have two other different machines which are running the new 12c absolutely good (Linux RHEL 5 & RHEL 6). I'm concerned only with this machine (My another laptop).

Configuration is:

Oracle Enterprise Linux

DB: Oracle 12c Linux 64 bit

Env: VMWare Workstation

Errors:

First error reported during 'Linking Libraries Stage'

"Error in invoking target 'client_sharedlib' of makefile '/u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/db_1/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk

See /u01/app/orainventory/logs/installactions2013-06-29_12-50-04AMlog for details.

Buttons:

ABORT ----- RETRY ---- CONTINUE

* Tried zillion times to RETRY but no luck, hence have to continue/skip the problem.

Please click below provided link to access/read orainventory installation log files.

http://oracleant.com/discussions/

And of course i don't have any problem to follow any documents leading to the resolution of this error otherwise I've already prepared a final document to install oracle 12c on linux/unix and Creating Dataguard/Standby on 12c with new features.

Thanks

Prashant Dixit

• 4. Re: Problem with Oracle 12c Installation on RHEL6.
                Zoran Pavlovic

Have you tried to install software only first, and then create database with DBCA?

Are you created installation directory with proper permissions (and staging directory for installation files with proper permissions)?

- Zoran

• 5. Re: Problem with Oracle 12c Installation on RHEL6.
                  Julian Dontcheff

Hi,

The solution is: do not install 12.1.0 onto a shared directory from the host. You must install it on the VM mounts!

Best,

Julian

• 6. Re: Problem with Oracle 12c Installation on RHEL6.

Hi,

I have encountered the same problem. Please explain what "You must install it on the VM mounts!" means.

• 7. Re: Problem with Oracle 12c Installation on RHEL6.
                      Sukumar Chillakuru

Grant 775 permissions to /u01 mount (where u wanna install DB12C), De install and install again..

You might not have granted the permissions to /u01 mount, where it cannot write the lib files, which prompts you lot of errors during installation.

Simple solution, Deinstall and grant the permissions (775) and install the software.. it will be succeeded, because we cannot check each and lib file.

• 8. Re: Problem with Oracle 12c Installation on RHEL6.
                        Julian Dontcheff

Do not try to install Oracle on the shared directories.

• 9. Re: Problem with Oracle 12c Installation on RHEL6.

Hi,

Independently on which folder I install to, the error still occurs when installing:

INFO: /home/oracle/app/oracle/product/12.0.1/bin/orald: line 31: exec: gcc: not found

INFO: genclntsh: Failed to link libclntshcore.so.12.1

make: *** [client_sharedlib] Error 127

INFO: End output from spawned process.

INFO: ----------------------------------

INFO: Exception thrown from action: make

Exception Name: MakefileException

Exception String: Error in invoking target 'client_sharedlib' of makefile '/home/app.............

Exception Severity: 1

• 10. Re: Problem with Oracle 12c Installation on RHEL6.
                            user8666096

I also occur the same error when oracle config tools execute.

My environemnt is the following.

VMware vSphere 5.1

CentOS 6.4

]$ /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1/cfgtoollogs/configToolAllCommands RESPONSE_FILE=/tmp/dbca.rsp

Setting the invPtrLoc to /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1/oraInst.loc

perform - モードはアクションを開始しています: configure

2013/07/15 22:57:53 oracle.install.config.common.NetCAInternalPlugIn invoke

情報: NetCAInternalPlugIn: ... adding </ouiinternal>

2013/07/15 22:57:53 oracle.install.driver.oui.config.GenericInternalPlugIn invoke

情報: Executing NETCA

2013/07/15 22:57:53 oracle.install.driver.oui.config.GenericInternalPlugIn invoke

情報: Command /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1/bin/netca /orahome /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1 /orahnam OraDB12Home1 /instype typical /inscomp client,oraclenet,javavm,server,ano /insprtcl tcp /cfg local /authadp NO_VALUE /responseFile /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1/network/install/netca_typ.rsp /silent  /silent   /ouiinternal

2013/07/15 22:57:53 oracle.install.driver.oui.config.GenericInternalPlugIn handleProcess

情報: ... GenericInternalPlugIn.handleProcess() entered.

2013/07/15 22:57:53 oracle.install.driver.oui.config.GenericInternalPlugIn handleProcess

情報: ... GenericInternalPlugIn: getting configAssistantParmas.

情報: ... GenericInternalPlugIn: checking secretArguments.

情報: No arguments to pass to stdin

情報: ... GenericInternalPlugIn: starting read loop.

2013/07/15 22:57:54 oracle.install.driver.oui.config.GenericInternalPlugIn handleProcess

情報: Read: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12

2013/07/15 22:57:54 oracle.install.driver.oui.config.GenericInternalPlugIn handleProcess

警告: Skipping line: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12

情報: End of argument passing to stdin

情報: Read: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1/lib/libnjni12.so: /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1/lib/libclntsh.so.12.1: file too short

警告: Skipping line: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1/lib/libnjni12.so: /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1/lib/libclntsh.so.12.1: file too short

• 11. Re: Problem with Oracle 12c Installation on RHEL6.
                              Srini Chavali-Oracle

Pl create a new thread for your issue - pl also note that CentOS is not a certified distro for Oracle database installs.

Srini