This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2013 1:47 PM by tony field RSS

Pretty URL in JSK

1010819 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi there,

i am new to OWC Sites (11gR1) - i wonder if i can get pretty URLs inside the JSK, and if yes then please someone tell me what do i miss here :

I've installed the JSK and read carefully the documentation - my question is what do i need to do ( what links to change & where ) in order to see FirstSiteII with pretty/friendly URL?!

I did check the propertyEditor and the 1-st set up is for  com.fatwire.firstsite.uri.FSIIAssembler/fsii - which i guess is not working and therefore jumps to the default one ( latest in rank as 2-nd ) com.fatwire.cs.core.uri.QueryAssembler.

I've changed the ranking and push everything by 1 ahead and insert at position1 the other default URL Assembler ( as per documentation there are 2 available in OWC Sites )

com.fatwire.cs.core.uri.QueryAsPathInfoAssembler / pathinfo

but i still can not see any changes : I do not see where to change/overrride the default URL assembler (query) with the new one (pathinfo) or even fsii ( as per one i may develop myself )

Can someone point me into the right direction ?! Not interested in 3-rd parties just yet ( like GSF for example ) so please do not mention this as a possible solution.

Thank you !

• 1. Re: Pretty URL in JSK
    YcT Newbie

Hello,

Can you please post the related configurations you have in ServletRequest.properties so we can see how it's configured?

Also, can you try hitting http://<hostname>:<port>/cs/ContentServer/FirstSiteII/FSII/1118867611403 and see if you can see the home page of FirstSiteII?

Thanks.

• 2. Re: Pretty URL in JSK
    1010819 Newbie

Hello and thank you for your reply,

so if we go back to the default JSK install:

uri.assembler.1.shortform=fsii

path.DispatchManager=/cs/DispatchManager

uri.assembler.1.classname=com.fatwire.firstsite.uri.FSIIAssembler

path.PageDispatchServer=/cs/PageDispatchServer

path.CatalogManager=/cs/CatalogManager

uri.assembler.2.shortform=query

path.BlobServer=/cs/BlobServer

path.SeedDispatchServer=/cs/SeedDispatchServer

cs.contenttype.UTF-8=text/html; charset\=UTF-8

uri.assembler.2.classname=com.fatwire.cs.core.uri.QueryAssembler

cs.contenttype=text/html; charset\=UTF-8

and yes, http://<hostname>:<port>/cs/ContentServer/FirstSiteII/FSII/1118867611403 indeed will show up the FirstSiteII Home page.

Does this mean that the 1-st ( fsii ) assembler works ?! If eys, what did i miss - where are these paths generated ? What do i have to do to see these pretty URLs generated from the Admin/Contributors as well ( like in previewing the website ) ?! When i try preview pages they are in the default "query" assembler one and i do not know how to change that.

• 3. Re: Pretty URL in JSK
    tony field Explorer

Turn on logging for the definition and you should see why the FSII Assembler is giving up.

com.fatwire.logging.cs.core.uri.definition=trace

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points