5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2013 1:27 PM by carlos cortez RSS

Right JRE for forms 10gR2(10.1.2.0.2) on Windows 7 64bit

james.

Hi All,

What is the right JRE for windows 7 64bit OS and our forms app server is 10.1.2.0.2. Any one's help is much appreciated.

Regards

• 1. Re: Right JRE for forms 10gR2(10.1.2.0.2) on Windows 7 64bit
          carlos cortez

Hi James,

Just some recommendations:

- Developer Suite 10gR2 is only supported on Windows 7 32bits. (this doesn't mean it will not work, is just an advice  )

- Consider patch your installation to 10.1.2.3 to avoid a lot of bugs you will face with your actual installation, also if you have access to MOS download the latest patches.

I recommend to install JDK 1.6 update 45 (the latest version i remember) since it has JDK and also JRE within.

Note: Do not use JDK 1.7 is not supported with Developer 10g.

Hope this helps you

Regards

Carlos

• 2. Re: Right JRE for forms 10gR2(10.1.2.0.2) on Windows 7 64bit
            james.

Thanks a lot Carlos, Is there any specific config I have do for JRE 1.6 in formsweb.cfgf? Do I have to compile the jar files on server with JDK 1.6 or it's automatically does when we client access.

Regards

• 3. Re: Right JRE for forms 10gR2(10.1.2.0.2) on Windows 7 64bit
              carlos cortez

By default you don't need to change anything in formsweb.cfg for JRE.

You will have to config some kind of thing in formweb.cfg if you are planing to configure webutil, icons etc.

What kind of jar files do you have on mind to compile ??

Regards

Carlos

• 4. Re: Right JRE for forms 10gR2(10.1.2.0.2) on Windows 7 64bit
                james.

Thanks Carlos,

We are using some custom java beans and image jar files along with the frmall_jinit.jar,frmwebutil.jar,,jacob.jar,ojdbc14.jar. After using Java Plug-in 1.6.0_45. I am hitting this error

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/bali/share/sort/StringComparator

and

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.bali.share.sort.StringComparator

Do you suggest to apply the patch 10.1.2.3. I have noticed few people still have some issues after applying this patch.

Please suggest.

Regards.

• 5. Re: Right JRE for forms 10gR2(10.1.2.0.2) on Windows 7 64bit
                  carlos cortez

Hi James,

The ClassNotFoundException is because it cannot find the jars.

I'm supposing the error is at runtime. So do the following:

Ensure the custom java beans jar files resides at ORACLE_HOME/forms/java and also the jars files have to be append to the CLASSPATH variable at default.env file.

I really suggest you to apply patch 10.1.2.3 otherwise it's very difficult to know if your problem it's a bug or something else.

Regards

Carlos