4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2013 12:04 PM by Walt K RSS

Select List / Date Picker confict in 4.0

Walt K

Running 4.0.

I have a region with a Select List Item and a non-classic Date Picker Item.

The Select List requires a double-click to work. Not a single-click.

1. Remove the non-classic Date Picker the Select List works as expected.

2. Add a classic Date Picker the Select List works as expected.

3. Combine a Select List Item with a non-classic Date Picker Item in 4.2 the Select List works as expected.

It seems to be something to do with the non-classic. Maybe a Java confict?

Is this a known issue? Is there a work-around?

• 1. Re: Select List / Date Picker confict in 4.0
          Joe Upshaw

Walt,

You actually say that every case "works as expected" so; we really can't tell where you are getting an error. I have lots of pages with both Selects (although never double-click) and a non-classic date picker.

Moreover, it would be helpful to know, exactly what is going wrong when it doesn't work as expected.

-Joe

• 2. Re: Select List / Date Picker confict in 4.0
            Walt K

Running 4.0.

I have a region with a Select List Item and a non-classic Date Picker Item.

The Select List requires a double-click to work. Not a single-click.

1. Remove the non-classic Date Picker the Select List works as expected.

2. Add a classic Date Picker the Select List works as expected.

3. Combine a Select List Item with a non-classic Date Picker Item in 4.2 the Select List works as expected.

It seems to be something to do with the non-classic. Maybe a Java confict?

Is this a known issue? Is there a work-around?

Select List. Non-classic Date Picker. Same region. It does not work. Requires double-click. Single click does not work.

• 3. Re: Select List / Date Picker confict in 4.0
              Joe Upshaw

Thanks for the clarification, Walt.

I just can not seem to duplicate the issue. At this point, we're on 4.2 and I am using Chrome. That could be the difference.If you can create an example at apex.oracle.com, I'll be glad to take a look.

-Joe

• 4. Re: Select List / Date Picker confict in 4.0
                Walt K

Thanks. I have confirmed that the issue does not exist in 4.2.