3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2013 11:03 AM by Ron M-Oracle RSS

API for Admin - Workflow

Kumar Lakshmipathy

Hi,

I am trying to write a program to extract workflow information using API for one of our requirement. So I am trying to retrieve ILinearWorkflowService but i am getting the following error,

System.Security.SecurityException: No method access permissions have been configured for 'Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.AbstractPlatformFacade.get_ThreadFactory'.

at Xeno.Prodika.Security.MethodAccessPermission.Demand()

at Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.AbstractPlatformFacade.get_ThreadFactory()

Can any one please help to resolve this error.

Regards,

Kumar

• 1. Re: API for Admin - Workflow
          Ron M-Oracle

There are certain areas of the PLM4P code that is locked down, preventing access from non-authorized libraries.

What workflow information are you trying to retrieve?

Are you doing it based on a given specification?

What code are you running that causes the above issue?

By the way, if you are trying to leverage the PLM4P platform (e.g., our Services, DataManager, etc) from a standalone application, this is not a simple undertaking. Is that your goal?

• 2. Re: API for Admin - Workflow
            Kumar Lakshmipathy

Ron,

Thanks for your response. Yes you are right I am trying to leverage PLMP platform from standalone application. I am trying to retrieve workflow Admin configuration information from PLM4P but not Spec related information.

I am able to retrieve the spec related workflow information from ISpecificationService successfully.

But when i use similar method to retrieve workflow service. I am getting error : "No method access permissions have been configured for"

ILinearWorkflowService item2 = (ILinearWorkflowService )AppPlatformHelper.PlatformFacade.ApplicationManager.ServiceManager[typeof(ILinearWorkflowService).FullName];

or

ILinearWorkflowService item = (ILinearWorkflowService)servmngr["Xeno.LinearWorkflow.ILinearWorkflowService"];

Please advice me how to resolve this issue.

• 3. Re: API for Admin - Workflow
              Ron M-Oracle

Kumar,

Building a stand-alone custom application using the PLM for Process framework may not be a simple or straight-forward thing to solve. Can you send Steven Segal an email with the detailed requirements of what you are specifically trying to accomplish and why? We can proceed from there.

Regards,

Ron M