6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2013 2:21 PM by WadhahDaouehi RSS

Oracle DB 11.2.0.3 VM

Cindy McMullen

Is there a VM for Oracle database 11.2.0.3?  I've seen some for Oracle RAC, but I just need a single instance for VirtualBox, OEL6.

• 1. Re: Oracle DB 11.2.0.3 VM
          RussellRego

I searched high and low and was unable to find one.  The readme for OEL6 VM at this link   https://edelivery.oracle.com/EPD/Download/get_form?egroup_aru_number=14424397 says.

The oracle-rdbms-server-11gR2-preinstall package is installed in the templates

before the Oracle Linux 6 Update 4 templates. This package installs software

packages and sets system parameters that are required for Oracle single instance

and Real Application Cluster install for Oracle Linux Release 6.

This package creates the 'oracle' user, with an initial login group of 'oinstall',

a supplementary group of 'dba', and a home directory of /home/oracle. The

Oracle-validated package disables logins by the user 'oracle', and the password is

locked for the 'oracle' user by default. To enable the 'oracle' user account, log in

as the 'root' user to the guest virtual machine after it is booted. "

So install Oralce Linux 6 Update 3 VM Template.  Then install database.  Its the next best thing.

• 2. Re: Oracle DB 11.2.0.3 VM
            WadhahDaouehi

Hi,

you can find Oracle VM Templates for Oracle database 11g and 10g in this URL.

also, and you can find Oracle VM Template for Oracle Database & Real Application Clusters (RAC) in this URL.

I hope this can help you

Best Regards

• 3. Re: Oracle DB 11.2.0.3 VM
              RussellRego

Hi WadhahDAOUEHI,  I clicked your URL.  From the page that opens you have to once again click another link which takes you to the same place as the link I posted.  Oracle database 11g and 10g are not available there.  Could you please verify that you have seen the actual download file for database 11g and 10g and let me know what the download file names are?  Thank you.

• 4. Re: Oracle DB 11.2.0.3 VM
                WadhahDaouehi

Hi,

Yes, you can DownLoad Oracle VM Template Oracle RAC 11g in this URL, i found just the release 11g.

- Select a Product Pack : Oracle VM Templates

- Plateform: x86 64bits

Then click GO;

so you can select your template from the list

- Oracle VM Templates for Oracle RAC 11gR2 Media Pack for x86_64 (64 bit) 

- Oracle VM Templates for Oracle RAC Media Pack for x86_64 (64 bit)

I hope this can help you

Best Regards

• 5. Re: Oracle DB 11.2.0.3 VM
                  Cindy McMullen

I'm looking for a standalone Oracle 11.2.0.3 VM, not RAC.

• 6. Re: Oracle DB 11.2.0.3 VM
                    WadhahDaouehi

Hi,

I apologize, so for database you can found just the Oracle VM Template Oracle RAC 11g, and if you want to install standalone Oracle database you can download an Oracle Linux Template and download Oracle database or install your system and then install oracle database.

Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) is an option to the award-winning Oracle Database Enterprise Edition. more in this URL.

I hope this can help you

Best Regards