1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 2, 2013 3:11 AM by Ankit Bhardwaj RSS

dvt:schedulingGantt drag & drop not working in 11.1.2.3?

Kyle.Thomas

Has anyone successfully implemented a dvt:schedulingGantt using Drag & Drop functionality to alter the startTime/endTime for an entry and it change it on the UI and commit the change to the database?

My code iterates through successfully without dumping an error and invokes my update method action in the page binding just fine.

I'm just wondering if it's an 11.1.2.x issue.

• 1. Re: dvt:schedulingGantt drag & drop not working in 11.1.2.3?
          Ankit Bhardwaj

Hi Thomas,

I too tried this a few days back. I am using Jdev 11.1.1.6.

Things that I noticed are :

• When I only change the duration of the task, then the end time is returned to me using the dataChangeListener.
          • But, when I drag and drop the task to some other place, then the dataChangeListener returns me the new start time and a null value for the end time. Not sure why it returns me a null value for the end time.

I created one thread for this but no solution as of now. ADF Gantt Chart getEndTime returns null

As a workaround, what I am thinking is when I drag and drop the task, then i'll pass the new start time to a database procedure. Before updating the values in the table, we can get the duration of the task using the old start and end time. Then we can add this duration to the new start time to get the new end time. Now, we will have both the values and the same can be updated in the tables too.

I still have to do the above step. Will let you know if it works fine.

Thanks,

Ankit