7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2013 4:43 AM by NishuGupta

LOV mapping for dependent LOV using OA Framework

NishuGupta

Hello All,

I have a requirement to add extend VO and then use it to make a dependent LOV.

The screen where I need to add the extended VO is Procurement Checkout Page where we add Project Information.

Oracle has provided a dependent relation between Project and Task against the project.

The expenditure Type that needs to be selected is not dependent on the task and project and hence all the available values

set as expenditure types are displayed.

As a requirement, I need to filter the expenditure Type depending on the Propect and Task selected .

I have extended the VO and now the Expenditure LOV is displaying the data from the new VO but the data is not getting restricted by the Task and Prohject selected ,before we navigate to expenditure Type field.

I understand that the LOV mapping will achieve the requirement without doing any code change.

Please help. I have tried creating LOV mappings but the data is not getting filtered and displaying all the dataset from

• 1. Re: LOV mapping for dependent LOV using OA Framework
          Peddi

As you have already created LOV you need to set two lovMaps for Project and Task.

Your custom LOV query should contain Project and Type as attributes in the VO and display them as

Changes to your custom LOV

• Make sure that the Project and Type are included in the LOV query.
          • Display Project and Type as fields in the LOV(Used for mapping later). Don't set any prompt so I guess they don't display in the lov search. Not sure please check.

In addition to normal mappings for the lov, you need to have below two additional mappings.

lovMapProject

• LOV Region Item: The bean id of the project in the lov
          • LOV Criteria Item: The bean id of the project in the base page
          • Don't set any value for Return Item

lovMapType

• LOV Region Item: The bean id of the Type in the lov
          • LOV Criteria Item: The bean id of the Type in the base page
          • Don't set any value for Return Item.

Just check with only only one lovMap first and then implement the second one if you succeeded in the first one.

Regards,

Peddi.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: LOV mapping for dependent LOV using OA Framework
            NishuGupta

Hi Peddi.

Thanks a ton for replying back.

I had included Task ID and Project ID as fields within my VO Query. These were added for the purpose of using them to search the type filtering on the Project and task and retrieve the expenditure type whihc is attachd to the task.

PLease elaborate as to what are the normal mappings. Ideally these should be in place as I ahve extended a standard VO.

I am very new to OA framework and hence not too sure what you mean by Bean id of the fields.

Please help.

Regards,

Poonam

• 3. Re: LOV mapping for dependent LOV using OA Framework
              Peddi

Hi Poonam,

Bean Id : It's the ID of the bean. When you open the property inspector of any bean(messageChoice, submitButton etc) there is a property called ID.

You have already mentioned that the LOV is displaying. After you select the value in the LOV is it returning the Type value to the base page?. If so I hope you have done your normal LOV mappings.

To know more about LOV mappings I strongly suggest you to go through the OAF Developer Guide.

Regards,

Peddi.

• 4. Re: LOV mapping for dependent LOV using OA Framework
                NishuGupta

Please help..I have done possibly everything I can but still my Extended VO is not filtering by the formvalues I am adding in the criteria of the Lov Mapping.

Please help. This is now very critical for me.

• 5. Re: LOV mapping for dependent LOV using OA Framework
                  NishuGupta

Please help..I have done possibly everything I can but still my Extended VO is not filtering by the formvalues I am adding in the criteria of the Lov Mapping.

Please help. This is now very critical for me.

• 6. Re: LOV mapping for dependent LOV using OA Framework
                    Peddi

If possible send the Page/LOV xml as well as VO associated with it.

This will help us to understand better.

Regards,

Peddi.

• 7. Re: LOV mapping for dependent LOV using OA Framework
                      NishuGupta

OK....I want to send the page and the Vo.Xml of the extended VO I ahve created.

But its not getting pasted here .

How to send you the XML files.