1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2013 11:13 PM by maleem

Sync Application Tier with 2 Node RAC after migration of DB Tier

maleem

Dear All,

I have migrated my Database Tier - 11.2.0.3 from single node (file system) to 2 Node RAC - 11.2.0.3 (ASM Disk Group). Now, I want to configure my APPS Tier (R12.1.3) with the 2 Node RAC, but I am wondering how to perform it??
      I am also to add one more node to application tier inorder to configure the PCP and DNS load balancer.

I have already applied the pre-requisite patches on the Application Tier before migrating the Database Tier to 2 Node RAC -
      1. Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Maintenance Pack Patch 7303030
      2. AutoConfig, apply R12.TXK.B.delta 3 Patch 8919489
      3. Patch 9926448 to fix known issue with FND_FS/SM alias generation with SCAN enabled.
      4. SCAN listener feature of AutoConfig, apply either R12.TXK.B.delta 3 [Patch 8919489] and R12.ATG_PF.B.delta.3 [Patch 8919491] , or 12.1.3 [Patch 9239090]

I have performed the DB migration as core DBA practice. Now my DB Tier is on 2 Node RAC. And the Application Tier(single node) is still on the same old server... need to sync it with the 2 Node RAC and to add extra Application Tier Node so that PCP and DNS can be configured.

Please suggest.

Regards,
      Aleem

• 1. Re: Sync Application Tier with 2 Node RAC after migration of DB Tier
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Please refer to (Using Oracle 11g Release 2 Real Application Clusters with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 823587.1]).

Thanks,

Hussein

• 2. Re: Sync Application Tier with 2 Node RAC after migration of DB Tier
            maleem

Dear Hussein,

When I am running the autoconfig on DB Node1, it is showing error;

$ sh adconfig.sh
            Enter the full path to the Context file: /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/appsutil/PRODEBS1_hdm01dbadm01.xml
            Enter the APPS user password:
            The log file for this session is located at: /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/appsutil/log/PRODEBS1_hdm01dbadm01/07070412/adconfig.log

AutoConfig is configuring the Database environment...

AutoConfig will consider the custom templates if present.
              Using ORACLE_HOME location : /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1
            Classpath : :/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/jdbc/lib/ojdbc5.jar:/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/appsutil/java/xmlparserv2.jar:/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/appsutil/java:/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/jlib/netcfg.jar:/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/jlib/ldapjclnt11.jar

Using Context file : /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/appsutil/PRODEBS1_hdm01dbadm01.xml

Context Value Management will now update the Context file

Updating Context file...COMPLETED

Attempting upload of Context file and templates to database...ERROR: InDbCtxFile.uploadCtx() : Exception : Error executng BEGIN fnd_gsm_util.append_ctx_fragment(:1,:2,:3); END;: 1; Oracle error -1157: ORA-01157: cannot identify/lock data file 516 - see DBWR trace file
            ORA-01110: data file 516: '/appsbkp/DEV/db/apps_st/data/temp2_02.dbf' has been detected in FND_GSM_UTIL.APPEND_CTX_FRAGMENT.
            oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.oam.InDbCtxFileException: Error executng BEGIN fnd_gsm_util.append_ctx_fragment(:1,:2,:3); END;: 1; Oracle error -1157: ORA-01157: cannot identify/lock data file 516 - see DBWR trace file
            ORA-01110: data file 516: '/appsbkp/DEV/db/apps_st/data/temp2_02.dbf' has been detected in FND_GSM_UTIL.APPEND_CTX_FRAGMENT.
              at oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.oam.InDbCtxFile.uploadCtx(InDbCtxFile.java:249)
              at oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.oam.CtxSynchronizer.uploadToDb(CtxSynchronizer.java:328)
              at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.FileSysDBCtxMerge.updateDBCtx(FileSysDBCtxMerge.java:721)
              at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.FileSysDBCtxMerge.updateDBFiles(FileSysDBCtxMerge.java:226)
              at oracle.apps.ad.context.CtxValueMgt.processCtxFile(CtxValueMgt.java:1690)
              at oracle.apps.ad.context.CtxValueMgt.main(CtxValueMgt.java:763)
            FAILED
            COMPLETED

Updating rdbms version in Context file to db112
            Updating rdbms type in Context file to 64 bits
            Configuring templates from ORACLE_HOME ...

AutoConfig completed with errors.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Aleem

• 3. Re: Sync Application Tier with 2 Node RAC after migration of DB Tier
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Aleem,

Do you see any errors in the database log file after starting the database and before accessing the application?

Can you drop the temp tablespace and create a new one and see if you get the same error?

Please see the following docs.

Bug 9414040 - In RAC a tempfile may be used before it is finished creating (ORA-1157) [ID 9414040.8]

Getting ORA-01157: CANNOT IDENTIFY/LOCK DATA FILE 37 when datafile is in ASM [ID 978335.1]

Thanks,

Hussein

• 4. Re: Sync Application Tier with 2 Node RAC after migration of DB Tier
                maleem

Dear Hussein,

Thanks for the help !! I recreated the temp undotablespace and it worked.

Hussein,

My Application Tier is in sync with 2 Node RAC of Exadata machine now, but the concurrent managers are not coming up. More over the autoconfig ran successfully on both the DB Nodes first time (Before running the autoconfig n Apps Tier). But after executing the "exec fnd_conc_clone.setup_clean", the autoconfig is failing at DB Node2... it runs successfully at Node1 only.

We are using SCAN Listener for our 2 Node Database RAC. I edited the "jdbc_url" in the Apps Tier context file with the entry of the DB Scan Listener... but after running the autoconfig on the Apps Tier, it get over wright with the TNS entry of the DB Node1. More over, the autoconfig at DB Node 2 is getting completed with errors.

Regards,

Aleem

• 5. Re: Sync Application Tier with 2 Node RAC after migration of DB Tier
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  I edited the "jdbc_url" in the Apps Tier context file with the entry of the DB Scan Listener... but after running the autoconfig on the Apps Tier, it get over wright with the TNS entry of the DB Node1.

Can you please post the entries here (before and after)?

More over, the autoconfig at DB Node 2 is getting completed with errors.

What is the error?

Thanks,

Hussein

• 6. Re: Sync Application Tier with 2 Node RAC after migration of DB Tier
                    maleem

Dear Hussein,

I have managed to run the autoconfig successfully on both the nodes of RAC. For the autoconfig issue... we were missing the correct local_listener entry on Node2.. After setting the entry correctly, the autoconfig was successfully ran on both the DB Nodes of the RAC.

Now, the Application Tier is in sync with the DB - 2 Node RAC. All the Application Tier services are up and running except Concurrent Manager. CM services are not coming up.

We migrated our DB Tier from single node to 2 Node RAC on Exadata Machine. The Instance name for the previous single node DB was DEV, but after migrating to 2 Node RAC, we set the instance name to PRODEBS and running on 2 Node RAC with Node1 SID=PRODEBS1 and Node2 SID=PRODEBS2.

The Application Tier is still on the same old server with the SID=DEV, but now we made it sync with the 2 Node RAC of the Exadata Machine after the DB Tier migration.

We are using SCAN Listener for the DB Tier. More over I have already applied the SCAN Listener patch on the Apps Tier (recommended in pre-req.) before the migration of DB Tier to 2 Node RAC. Do I need to make any changes related to PCP? As, my DB is on 2 Node and Apps tier is still on single node.

Though we have to add the second Apps Node also in order to configure the PCP and DNS Load balancer... If we will add the second node now only, will it resolve the concurrent manager issue??

DB Tier: Instance Name = PRODEBS

Node1 SID=PRODEBS1 & Node2 SID=PRODEBS2

Apps Tier: SID=DEV

Please find below the DBC file entry for jdbc url:APPS_JDBC_URL=jdbc\:oracle\:thin\:@(DESCRIPTION\=(ADDRESS_LIST\=(LOAD_BALANCE\=YES)(FAILOVER\=YES)(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=hdm01dbadm01.ahcl.com.sa)(PORT\=1521))(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=hdm01dbadm02.ahcl.com.sa)(PORT\=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA\=(SERVICE_NAME\=dev)))

Regards,

Aleem

• 7. Re: Sync Application Tier with 2 Node RAC after migration of DB Tier
                      maleem

I set the below entry in the context file of the Apps Tier in order to run the autoconfig at the apps tier (TNS entry of the DB) - we are using SCAN Listener for 2 Node RAC:

<jdbc_urloa_var="s_apps_jdbc_connect_descriptor">jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=hdm01-scan)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=PRODEBS)))</jdbc_url>

But it get over written after running the auto config at Apps Tier as: - (TNS entry of Node1 of the RAC)

<jdbc_url oa_var="s_apps_jdbc_connect_descriptor">jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(LOAD_BALANCE=YES)(FAILOVER=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hdm01dbadm01.ahcl.com.sa)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hdm01dbadm02.ahcl.com.sa)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=dev)))</jdbc_url>

The 2 Node RAC instance name is PRODEBS. Node1 SID=PRODEBS1 & Node2 SID=PRODEBS2

DEV was the instance name of our previous single node DB Tier, which we migrated to 2 Node RAC.

Is this behavior a by default one? As all the application services are running fine except Concurrent Manager. Apps Tier is on single node only. or do we need to make the changes for the PCP? We are also suppose to add secong node on Apps Tier and configure the PCP & DNS Load Balancing.

If I will add the second Apps Node, then dose that second node contain the TNS entry of RAC DB Node2?? As mentioned above.. the current Single Apps Node picks the TNS Entry of DB Node1 after running the autoconfig.

Regards,

Aleem

• 8. Re: Sync Application Tier with 2 Node RAC after migration of DB Tier
                        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

What is the error in the CM log file?

If you have one apps tier node then PCP settings are not required.

I can't tell if adding a second apps tier node will fix the issue as you haven't shared the contents of the CM log file yet. You can definitely setup one application tier node with RAC database nodes with no issues, so I'm not sure about the error you are encountering in bring up the CM.

If the service name is dev then your APPS_JDBC_URL entry is correct.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 9. Re: Sync Application Tier with 2 Node RAC after migration of DB Tier
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

The entry with PRODEBS looks better if the service name was changed to the same value.

Was the change made in the application context file? Did AutoConfig complete successfully?

Have you added a 2nd application tier node yet? If not, PCP setup is not required.

You should have TNS entries for both RAC instances on each apps tier node.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 10. Re: Sync Application Tier with 2 Node RAC after migration of DB Tier
                            maleem

Thanks for the reply Hussein !!

I have managed to run the Autoconfig successfully at Apps Tier.

We are using SCAN Listener for the DB Tier - 2 Node RAC. I am not sure whether the Application is using the SCAN listener feature. As it seems to me like it is connecting to database via normal load balancing... which was there prior to 11gR2. But our database tier is on 11.2.0.3 version.

More over, the parameter in DBC file of the application tier is showing DB_PORT=1561, but our SCAN Listener port is 1521.

Please find below the DBC file for review:

[appldev@ahcapp1 secure]$ more dev.dbc

#DB Settings

#Thu Jul 11 14:26:03 AST 2013

GUEST_USER_PWD=GUEST/ORACLE

APPL_SERVER_ID=E13CFFC0DA17F91FE043470010AC719C44613516237903536483640255467310

FND_JDBC_BUFFER_DECAY_INTERVAL=300

APPS_JDBC_DRIVER_TYPE=THIN

FND_JDBC_BUFFER_MIN=1

GWYUID=APPLSYSPUB/PUB

FND_JDBC_BUFFER_MAX=5

APPS_JDBC_URL=jdbc\:oracle\:thin\:@(DESCRIPTION\=(ADDRESS_LIST\=(LOAD_BALANCE\=YES)(FAILOVER\=YES)(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=hdm01dbadm01.ahcl.com.sa)(PORT\=1521))

(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=hdm01dbadm02.ahcl.com.sa)(PORT\=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA\=(SERVICE_NAME\=PRODEBS)))

FND_JDBC_STMT_CACHE_SIZE=100

TWO_TASK=dev

JDBC\:oracle.jdbc.maxCachedBufferSize=358400

JDBC\:processEscapes=true

FND_MAX_JDBC_CONNECTIONS=500

FND_JDBC_USABLE_CHECK=false

FNDNAM=APPS

FND_JDBC_PLSQL_RESET=false

DB_PORT=1561

FND_JDBC_CONTEXT_CHECK=true

FND_JDBC_BUFFER_DECAY_SIZE=5

DB_HOST=ahcapp2.ahcl.com.sa

[appldev@ahcapp1 secure]$

remote_listener                  string  hdm01-scan:1521

PRODEBS =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = hdm01-scan)(PORT = 1521))

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SERVER = DEDICATED)

(SERVICE_NAME = PRODEBS)

)

)

If it is not using the SCAN Listener feature... thn could you please tell me how to enable SCAN Listener? or Do I need to perform the whole activity again??

Regards,

Aleem

• 11. Re: Sync Application Tier with 2 Node RAC after migration of DB Tier
                              maleem

Though all the Application Tier services are running normal after the migration.

Apps Tier - Single Node

DB Tier - 2 Node RAC

But still do not know if I have done it correctly. Due to SCAN and DB_PORT thing.

Regards,

Aleem

• 12. Re: Sync Application Tier with 2 Node RAC after migration of DB Tier
                                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Hi Aleem,

If you want to enable SCAN listener, then you need to follow the steps under "Appendix D: Enabling/Disabling SCAN Listener Support in Autoconfig" section in (Using Oracle 11g Release 2 Real Application Clusters with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 823587.1]).

Please also see the following docs which are related to SCAN listener setup and issues.

Configuring and Managing E-Business Application Tier for RAC [ID 1311528.1]

R12 "TNS-01189: The listener could not authenticate the user" Error when Cloning RAC [ID 1468042.1]

Thanks,

Hussein

• 13. Re: Sync Application Tier with 2 Node RAC after migration of DB Tier
                                  maleem

Hi Hussein,

I have update the DB Port entry with that of our DB Tier Listener Port - 1521 in the Context File of the Application Tier and then ran the autoconfig successfully at Application Tier. All the services are up and running...

Could you please tell me how can I test the whole setup if running fine and on SCAN Listener.

I checked the Context File of the DB Node1 & Node2 and found:

• s_scan_name=<scan_name>,s_scan_port=<scan_port> and s_update_scan=TRUE         

---------------> s_scan_name=hdm01-scan 'was already set to the scan listener name', s_scan_port=1521 was already set and s_update_scan=FASLE

• Modify the remote_listener to "<scan_name>:<scan_port>" using alter system set remote_listener='...'  for all instances.

---------------> Was already set

• Run AutoConfig , it creates SCAN aliases in tnsnames.ora

---------------> Previously ran before running the autoconfig on Apps Tier

• Run AutoConfig on middle tier , it creates SCAN aliases in tnsnames.ora

---------------> I ran the autoconfig successfully on Apps Tier.

Apps Tier tnsnames.ora entries after Autoconfig

PRODEBS1=

(DESCRIPTION=

(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hdm01dbadm01.ahcl.com.sa)(PORT=1521))

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SERVICE_NAME=PRODEBS)

(INSTANCE_NAME=PRODEBS1) ))

PRODEBS1_FO=

(DESCRIPTION=

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SERVICE_NAME=PRODEBS)

(INSTANCE_NAME=PRODEBS1)  ) )

PRODEBS2=

(DESCRIPTION=

(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hdm01dbadm02.ahcl.com.sa)(PORT=1521

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SERVICE_NAME=PRODEBS)

(INSTANCE_NAME=PRODEBS2) ) )

PRODEBS2_FO=

(DESCRIPTION=

(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hdm01dbadm02.ahcl.com.sa)(PORT=1521

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SERVICE_NAME=PRODEBS)

(INSTANCE_NAME=PRODEBS2) )  )

dev=

(DESCRIPTION=

(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hdm01dbadm01.ahcl.com.sa)(PORT=1521

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SERVICE_NAME=PRODEBS)

(INSTANCE_NAME=PRODEBS1) ) )

dev_FO=

(DESCRIPTION=

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SERVICE_NAME=PRODEBS)

(INSTANCE_NAME=PRODEBS1) ) )

dev_BALANCE=

(DESCRIPTION=

(ADDRESS_LIST=

(LOAD_BALANCE=YES)

(FAILOVER=YES)

(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hdm01dbadm02.ahcl.com.sa)(PORT=1521)) )

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SERVICE_NAME=PRODEBS) )  )

FNDFS_AHCAPP1=

(DESCRIPTION=

(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=AHCAPP1.ahcl.com.sa)(PORT=1666))

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SID=FNDFS) ) )

FNDFS_AHCAPP1.ahcl.com.sa=

(DESCRIPTION=

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SID=FNDFS) )  )

FNDFS_dev_AHCAPP1=

(DESCRIPTION=

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SID=FNDFS)) )

FNDFS_dev_AHCAPP1.ahcl.com.sa=

(DESCRIPTION=

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SID=FNDFS) ) )

FNDSM_AHCAPP1_dev=

(DESCRIPTION=

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SID=FNDSM) ))

FNDSM_AHCAPP1.ahcl.com.sa_dev=

(DESCRIPTION=

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SID=FNDSM) ))

FNDFS_APPLTOP_ahcapp1=

(DESCRIPTION=

(ADDRESS_LIST=

(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=AHCAPP1.ahcl.com.sa)(PORT=1666)) )

(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=FNDFS) ) )

IFILE=/appsbkp/DEV/inst/apps/dev_ahcapp1/ora/10.1.2/network/admin/dev_ahcapp1_ifile.ora

DBC File entries now:
                                  [appldev@ahcapp1 secure]$ more dev.dbc
                                  #DB Settings
                                  #Thu Jul 11 17:59:19 AST 2013
                                  GUEST_USER_PWD=GUEST/ORACLE
                                  APPL_SERVER_ID=E13CFFC0DA17F91FE043470010AC719C44613516237903536483640255467310
                                  FND_JDBC_BUFFER_DECAY_INTERVAL=300
                                  APPS_JDBC_DRIVER_TYPE=THIN
                                  FND_JDBC_BUFFER_MIN=1
                                  GWYUID=APPLSYSPUB/PUB
                                  FND_JDBC_BUFFER_MAX=5
                                  APPS_JDBC_URL=jdbc\:oracle\:thin\:@(DESCRIPTION\=(ADDRESS_LIST\=(LOAD_BALANCE\=YES)(FAILOVER\=YES)(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=hdm01dbadm01.ahcl.com.sa)(PORT\=1521))
                                  (ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=hdm01dbadm02.ahcl.com.sa)(PORT\=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA\=(SERVICE_NAME\=PRODEBS)))
                                  FND_JDBC_STMT_CACHE_SIZE=100
                                  TWO_TASK=dev
                                  JDBC\:oracle.jdbc.maxCachedBufferSize=358400
                                  JDBC\:processEscapes=true
                                  FND_MAX_JDBC_CONNECTIONS=500
                                  FND_JDBC_USABLE_CHECK=false
                                  FNDNAM=APPS
                                  FND_JDBC_PLSQL_RESET=false
                                  DB_PORT=1521
                                  FND_JDBC_CONTEXT_CHECK=true
                                  FND_JDBC_BUFFER_DECAY_SIZE=5
                                  DB_HOST=ahcapp2.ahcl.com.sa
                                  [appldev@ahcapp1 secure]$

Regards,

Aleem

• 14. Re: Sync Application Tier with 2 Node RAC after migration of DB Tier
                                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                    Could you please tell me how can I test the whole setup if running fine and on SCAN Listener.

You need to test different failover scenarios to verify your setup and configuration for (Web, Forms, CM, DB) components.

Thanks,

Husein

1 2 Previous Next