4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2013 12:30 AM by Avadhut RSS

Run Oracle GL Journal import and posting in Parallel

Avadhut

Hi All,

We are planing to run the Gl journal import and posting in parallel.

Please suggest Is there any way that we can run the gl Journal import and posting in parallel?

Env Details --

Oracle EBS version -- 11.5.10.2

DB version -- 11.2.0.1

Thanks

• 1. Re: Run Oracle GL Journal import and posting in Parallel
          Avadhut

Hi

Please suggest on this.

• 2. Re: Run Oracle GL Journal import and posting in Parallel
            Ivruksha

Hi,

you can run these programs in sequential manner .. i..e one after the another ... since journals are to be imported first in order for posting operation to begin.....

You can create a request set and include both these programs and submit it together ...with respective parameters .....

Regards,

Ivruksha

• 3. Re: Run Oracle GL Journal import and posting in Parallel
              Adigopula

You don't have option for Journal Import.  You need to do manually.

but you have option in Journal Posting.  for this you need to define AutoPost Criteria Set.

in Auto Post Criteria Set you need to give sequence of modules so that the same sequence it will post.

This set you need to attach in Programe - Automatic Posting concurrent from GL Responsiblity.

schedule this Programe - Automatic Posting concurrent, so when every eligibility transaction available in import it will post automatically in GL.

Thanks

Hari

Note: if this answer is correct answers/helpful answer pls check as correct/helpful answer, so that other user doen'st follow up this question.

• 4. Re: Run Oracle GL Journal import and posting in Parallel
                Avadhut

Hi ,

Thanks for the update.

What i am planning is to run the gl posting or journal to be run in parallel.

How can we do it manually. we don't want to run two journal import or posting to be run parallel.

Only posting to be run in parallel. I mean Whenever posting run it should allocate parallel thread.

Suppose the same way if i am using parallel hint for any select table select /* +parallel */ from gl.gl_balances.

The above statement will run in parallel. Same way whenever insert into gl_balances statement will run during posting it must run in parallel.

Thanks