2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2013 2:14 AM by JohnGoodwin RSS

EPM install on Windows 7 64 bit laptop?

Is it possible to have a working installation of EPM 11.1.2.x (Compact deployment ) on a Windows 7 64 bit laptop?

I cannot buy Windows 2008 Server R2  license for  POC/learning instance. The trial version of it lasts only 6 months.

• 1. Re: EPM install on Windows 7 64 bit laptop?

Option 1:

Yes, you can...  There is one more options also there.....

Option 2:

If you using Windows 7 Professional environment means, please install the "Windows Virtual PC", by default it will comes with "Windows XP - 32 bit". On top of that, install the Hyperion 11.1.2.x 32 bit version and play.

Note : There is separate downloads available for "Windows virtual PC" for Windows 7 Home etc..

Option 3:

Recently, Oracle has released the OBIEE SampleApp V305 - Linux Image.  Download and Play...

Virtual Box configured with the below Software's:

Oracle Linux 5.9 64 bit

Oracle Database

Oracle TimesTen

Oracle Endeca 3.0

APEX 4.2, Listener 2.0.1

R 2.15.1, ORE 1.3

R Studio Server 0.97

Java SE Development Kit 7u17

SQL Developer 3.2.20

SampleApp V305 Content

Note : For this sample Demo, min 8 GB RAM and 52 GB HDD space is required

Hope i gave the multiple options for you, choice is yours. All the best....

Please let me know if you requires any help....

• 2. Re: EPM install on Windows 7 64 bit laptop?

It is not supported on Windows 7 and there is no guarantee it will work, you can try installing on Windows 7 though if you experience problems then stick with a supported OS.