7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2013 4:44 PM by Kiem Nguyen RSS

Change Default Page in Tab

Kiem Nguyen

Hi all, I have Parent Tabs and Sub-Tabs in my application. Could anyone please show me how to change the default page under Tabs? Thank you.

• 1. Re: Change Default Page in Tab
          Jj Mahe -Oracle

From Share Components, select Tabs : in the list, select a tab by clicking on the tab label right to "tab:".

Then consider the section "current for pages" : Tab Page field is the default page for the tab, "tab also current for pages" is a comma separated list of page that will show the tab as current.

• 2. Re: Change Default Page in Tab
            Kiem Nguyen

Thanks JJMAHE-Oracle. I have Group 1 report on Page 1 and Group 2 report on Page 2, both under the same Parent Tab. I would like to set the condition so that if user of Group 1 log in, the default Page 1 will show. If user of Group 2 log in, the default Page 2 will show. Could you please show me how to deal with this problem? Thank you  and I greatly appreciate your help.

• 3. Re: Change Default Page in Tab
              Ramesh P, Oracle APEX Developer

Hi Nguyen,

You issue here is not with the parent or child tabs.

Based on user you want to show page1 or page 2 as their default page once they login. Is that correct.

Here you need to perform some some re directions based on user.

I guess your application should be landing in page 1 for the user whether he is in group1 or group 2 .

I would suggest you to create an application item say : F_FIRST_TIME

Create a branches on these two page before header on load

On Page 1 create a branch on page load before header to redirect to page 2 based on a condition : F_FIRST_TIME is null and Logged in user group is 2

On Page 2 create a branch on page load before header to redirect to page 1 based on a condition : F_FIRST_TIME is null and Logged in user group is 1

On both pages create a process on load before header setting the F_FIRST_TIME to some value  "NOT FIRST TIME"

• 4. Re: Change Default Page in Tab
                Kiem Nguyen

Thanks RameshP. Please let me explain our application a little more.

- I have Page 1 with Sub-Tab 1, and Page 2 with Sub-Tab 2. Both under the same Parent Tab.

- In page 1, I have a Select List Filter name Group with the value of Group 1, Group 2 and Group 3. The filter will narrow down the report to specific group after user making selection.

- In page 2, I have the same Select List Filter name Group with the value of Group 1, Group 2 and Group 3. The filter will narrow down another report to specific group after user making selection.

- What I would like to do is if User from Group 1 log in, the Select list filter will be default to Group 1. Page 1 + Sub-Tab 1 will also be default....and so on if user from Group 2, Group 3 log in.

I tried to create Branches with conditions but it didn't work quite right. I would greatly appreciate if you could help me with this. Thank you.

• 5. Re: Change Default Page in Tab
                  Ramesh P, Oracle APEX Developer

Hi,

Is it possible for you to create an example online in apex.oracle.com

• 6. Re: Change Default Page in Tab
                    Jj Mahe -Oracle

Ok, I didn't get it from your first question. What you'll have to do is 1 page only :

* one dynamic action fire at page load that will set a hidden page item (be careful to do not keep the "protected value" check box ticked on)

* make the select list depends on this hidden page item : look at the field "cascading LOV parent item(s)" and select your hidden field. Of course, the LOV should be dynamic and based on the value of either the hidden item or the user group.

* for the sub tabs, first, create an authorization scheme for each group, then assign the security authorization scheme for each sub tab.

Only one page will be easier to maintain. If the format of the report should be different for each group, then create one region for each group and apply the same idea than for the sub tabs.

• 7. Re: Change Default Page in Tab
                      Kiem Nguyen

Thank you everyone for your help. I was able to solve the problem.