1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 10, 2013 3:37 AM by Marco Gralike RSS

Customize/secure webdav root

I'm a new user to webdav using protocol server on Oracle Database 12c. I am wondering if there any way to customize the root (/) when you log on with webdav.

For example, after logon on the webdav endpoint, the directory lists shows :

What I'd like would be to show only directories I want to be shown. In this situation, only dbfs would be nice. In addition, is there any way to alias a directory in this dir list? I mean, change dbfs/ to home/, it'd be clearer for an end user...

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Customize/secure webdav root
          Marco Gralike

Not sure what you are allowed to do regarding /dbfs, dbfs, for that matter. It is part of the securefile development group and within the XMLDB Realm of things, "we" only make it visible, although it is now a supported part in Oracle 12c. Privileges etc work in dbfs differently than in Oracle XMLDB.

As mentioned in the Securefiles and Large Objects manual of 12c:

> "Note that features implemented by the XDB repository, such as repository events, resource configurations, and ACLs, are not available for the /dbfs folder"

Therefore from a viewpoint of XMLDB server protocols, it is difficult to get it setup the way you want to and/or (if doable) this will be supported. DBFS (NFS) has been implemented differently than the XMLDB server protocols (HTTP, WebDAV, FTP, ...)