7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2013 6:27 AM by svn123 RSS

Doubts on doEntitySelect?

svn123

Hi folks,

I had a same as such this user faced. https://forums.oracle.com/thread/507694. when i go through the docs. BaseSQLBuilderImpl (Oracle Fusion Middleware Java API Reference for Oracle ADF Model) i learnt it. but i h've performance in the sense long time taken.. how to resolve it?

<OracleSQLBuilderImpl> <doEntitySelectForAltKey> [23686] OracleSQLBuilder Executing doEntitySelect on: xTPtrans(false)

<ADFLogger> <begin> Entity read all attributes

<OracleSQLBuilderImpl> <doEntitySelectForAltKey> [23687] Reusing prepared FAULT-IN statement

<ADFLogger> <addContextData> Entity read all attributes

can anyone elaborate it.

thanks.

• 1. Re: doEntitySelect?
          Timo Hahn

Well, we might be able to do so if we would know what you are talking about. I don't understand your problem ir question, so please elaborate.

And we sure need to know your jdev version!

Timo

• 2. Re: doEntitySelect?
            svn123

hi timo,

Version is : jdev 11.1.1.6.0. ok. i would like to some up my requirement.

ui representation:

i had a inputtextbox followed by commandimagelink while hitting that af:popup renders in that

two inputtextbox and one search button and one af:table inside that 3 column one flag and one id and one description field.

model representation:

say as i had a db view. i invoked db view as entity(due to my requirement) in that i had a entity attribute say as "checkflag". i exposed eo as vo. vo has some viewcriteria. i execute the viewcriteria in AM and exposed as button. based on the search results would return in af:table(i.e) (the same db view vo drop it as af:table). finally i get the results in the af:table then i had checkflag in same af:table. i choose the flag grab the particular datas id and descriptions and press ok button means assign to some inputtext box.

all stuff are working fine. but while using debug console command statement. i got the above log.

it takes a long time for execution. just few hundreds of records only i had.

please connect ui and model represenation to get a picture of my requirement.

i hope you understood my requirement let me know, if you had any doubts make me more clear.

thanks.

• 3. Re: doEntitySelect?
              Frank Nimphius-Oracle

Hi,

your use case is hard to parse, which may be a language problem. I understand you open a popup with a search field and a table, but then I am a bit lost. "i execute the viewcriteria in AM and exposed as button." This I don't think is possible. You can drag and drop a View Criteria as a search form, but as a button ? Or did you mean to say you exposed a method that applies a view criteria. However, you see me guessing already.

Btw. Getting back to your first post, do you really experience performance issues or do you posted it because you took  [23686] as a time information (where in fact its an ID).

Bottom line is, since the problem shows in debug mode, what is it that doesn't work at runtime? And even in debug mode I am not sure we are looking at a problem here.

Frank

• 4. Re: doEntitySelect?
                svn123
                your use case is hard to parse, which may be a language problem.

nope. usecase may be a problem for you little understanding. simple in one line you know about af:inputlistofvalues it provide by adf framework right.

if i select a say as example dept id in inputlov means it retain one value at a time in the approriate text box right.

but here we dont need that. because our requirement it liitle bit different. i need to choose more than one value using check box. i will choose three or more deptid at time three id should retain approriate input text box. so only we immitating the af:inputlistofvalues.

I understand you open a popup with a search field and a table,

right.

but then I am a bit lost. "i execute the viewcriteria in AM and exposed as button." This I don't think is possible. You can drag and drop a View Criteria as a search form, but as a button ? Or did you mean to say you exposed a method that applies a view criteria. However, you see me guessing already.

I'm here to clear.i mean that executecriteria inside a method which is in AM and exposed as button

mean to say you exposed a method that applies a view criteria

you 're gues is right.

Btw. Getting back to your first post, do you really experience performance issues or do you posted it because you took  [23686] as a time information (where in fact its an ID).

yes,i noticed that for few hundred's of records it take a long time, i hope that it will be performace issue .

[23686] as a time information (where in fact its an ID). > here i really dont understood what the number means.

Bottom line is, since the problem shows in debug mode, what is it that doesn't work at runtime? And even in debug mode I am not sure we are looking at a problem here

yeah you 're right i'm in debuging mode. In Runtime it take a long time(nearly 3mins to 5mins) show only a few hundered of records. and one more info DB is connected to internet. i check'd the bandwith its fine. query execution also fine for few hundered of records nearly milliseconds. but in get into adf take long time. so only i get into debugging..

i hope you understood.

• 5. Re: Doubts on doEntitySelect?
                  svn123

hi

anyone?

• 6. Re: Doubts on doEntitySelect?
                    Morgan Freeman

Hi

If your requirement is filter the table using multiple values then this might be of help

Decompiling ADF Binaries: Using oracle.jbo.domain.Array with ViewCriteria

Thanks,

Morgan.

• 7. Re: doEntitySelect?
                      svn123

Hi frank,

did you see this post. i rephrase it followed post of your's