This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2013 7:40 AM by LuizFilipe RSS

Xml file datamodel always the same file

Bluediver Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

i have this kind of issue, i configured my ODI in the topology to load an external Xml file that will arrive every day. My load works good but i'm seeing now that ODI doesn't know that the file that i point to with configuration is different from one launch to another. It doesn't realize that the data inside are changed. I'm doing some test so every time that i receive a new xml file i rename the old one and i put there the new one. In my production system will be like this and scheduled but i'm scared about the fact that my ODI is not knowing the difference between my old file and the new one. Only if i close it and start it again he realize that the file is new and load the new data.

Have i forgot some configuration in some place? If yes where is and how i've to manage?

Thank you in Advance.

Corrado

• 1. Re: Xml file datamodel always the same file
    LuizFilipe Newbie

Seems like you forgot to Synchronize File and Memory. Are you performing "SYNCHRONIZE FROM FILE" and "SYNCHRONIZE FROM DATABASE"?

• 2. Re: Xml file datamodel always the same file
    Bluediver Newbie

Hi Luiz,

thank you for your answer, i was supposing something like this, unfortunately i don't know where and how to specify this in my ODI configuration. Is it in the Topology? Or directly in my datasource definition? Is not long that i use ODI and i had to face alot of new situations, but this issue i don't know excatly how to solve.

Thank you in advance.

Bye

C.

• 3. Re: Xml file datamodel always the same file
    LuizFilipe Newbie

Hello C.

Actually it's an ODI Procedure.

Try this:

PACKAGE_XML (your XML process package)

A) ODI PROCEDURE 01 (insert this step)

B) XML INTERFACES

C) ODI PROCEDURE 02 (insert this step)

Configure ODI PROCEDURES like this:

ODI PROCEDURE 01

Technology: XML

Comand on Target: SYNCHRONIZE FROM FILE

Schema: Your Source XML Schema.

Commit: Commit.

ODI PROCEDURE 02

Technology: XML

Comand on Target: SYNCHRONIZE FROM DATABASE

Schema: Your Target XML Schema.

Commit: Commit.

That is also explained on ODI Docs.

Let me know if that helps.

[]'s

• 4. Re: Xml file datamodel always the same file
    Bluediver Newbie

Hi again,

thank you so much, this time is working, i read about it in the documentation but from that i was not realizing that i had to use two procedures, i was supposing to do this directly in the datastore configuration in the section "command at start", "command at end" but was not working in that position and was not alerting of something strange, in the end was not influent.

I have to do some test more but the procedures change the XML if i use them so i'm positive in a success of the problem.

Thank you again.

Corrado

• 5. Re: Xml file datamodel always the same file
    LuizFilipe Newbie

I'm glad that helps.

To be honest i haven't used yet this DataServer option, to run commands on connection, it should work, maybe i'll test it sometime. Even on 11 i'm still doing that with procs.

[]'s

Luiz Filipe

• 6. Re: Xml file datamodel always the same file
    Bluediver Newbie

Hi,

I can confirm that is working i charged all my XML file and he understand exactly the difference now, i don't know why is not working from the Data Server configuration may be we'll need some patch. I'm using Oracle Data Integration 11g in Oracle 11g but this version is on development and is not Enterprise.

Anyway for my situation it could work good like this and is not a problem to add the steps before and after so thank you again, i read a lot of documentation but i was really not realizing that i need to put this in a procedure and use it.

Bye

Corrado

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points