3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2013 5:12 AM by HakanBiroglu RSS

XML Publisher report definitions not opening

Id like to reimport all the XML Pub Report definitions into my PS instance.

I have a PT 8.49 instance and whenever i click on the report definitions of the XML publisher i get this JAVA error:

"Java Exception: java.lang.NoCl assDefFoundError: com/peopleso ft/pt/xmlpublisher/PTRTFPocess or: finding class com.peopleso ft.pt.xmlpublisher.PTRTFPocess or (2,725) PSXP_ENGINE.RTFProc essor.OnExecute  Name:generate XSL  PCPC:239  Statement:9 Called from:PSXP_RPTDEFNMANAGE"

SCREENSHOT: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/al4q.png/

I was thinking maybe I could export the report definitions from a working instance and import here. Does that seem like a solution that will work

• 1. Re: XML Publisher report definitions not opening
          HakanBiroglu

You could start with cleaning XMLP metadata to clean orphan files by running PSXPCLEAN AppEngine.

Also see:

E-BI/XMLP: Cleaning Up BI/XML Publisher MetaData [ID 653458.1]

If this does not help, you can migrate XMLP definitions using Application Designer. Make sure to select all related objects.

• 2. Re: XML Publisher report definitions not opening

PSXPCLEAN isnt part of PT 8.49

So i tried instead to migrate XMLP definitions using Application Designer from a working instance of PS CS.

But there error is still the same:

"Java Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/peoplesoft/pt/xmlpublisher/PTRTFPocess or: finding class com.peoplesoft.pt.xmlpublisher.PTRTFPocess or (2,725) PSXP_ENGINE.RTFProcessor.OnExecute  Name:generate XSL  PCPC:239  Statement:9 Called from:PSXP_RPTDEFNMANAGE"

Notice the underlined part.

In the working instance it is "PTRTFProcess" not "PTRTFPocess"

• 3. Re: XML Publisher report definitions not opening
              HakanBiroglu

When I look at the screenshot you provided, the error states that class PSXPXsdUtils could not be found.

This error when opening Bi Publisher reports in PIA, is documented in following:

E-BI/XMLP: Error "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError" Received When Creating Or Opening A Report Definition [ID 1077734.1]

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hakan