This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2013 4:45 AM by HakanBiroglu RSS

Peoplesoft FSCM installation on windows server 2008 64 bit platform?

praneethpphnanded Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello everyone, I have planned to install peoplesoft fscm software,

as i am new and I do not have any peoplesoft database knowledge.I have followed the installation from the link Installation - PeopleSoft Wiki

According to the steps I have followed upto the Oracle Tuxedo installation.But after that I am not getting crystal reports software and after that I have to configure the database.Can anyone help me out with this?

I want to learn peoplesoft financial supply chain management.I have installed sql server and now confused in the step of configuring the peoplesoft database.

Please help me with suggestions.

Overall my query is which database should I configure with peoplesoft to learn finance,whether sql server or oracle database,and please help me with the steps of database congiguration..

Thanks

• 1. Re: Peoplesoft FSCM installation on windows server 2008 64 bit platform?
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE

A lot of the questions raised here concern PeopleSoft installations.

If you read the installation manual carefully and follow the steps you should be able to get your own env up and running.

I know it can get complicated if this is your first PeopleSoft installation.

Instead of going through the entire PeopleSoft installation steps here, you could have a look at the prebuild/preconfigured PeopleSoft demo images through below link.

https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocContentDisplay?id=1552548.1

These virtual machines run on Oracle Linux, Oracle database on Oracle Virtual Box.

After downloading the vm, unzipping the zips, you can run a fulling installed, preconfigured FSCM environment with demo data.

This should get you up in running within hours, not counting the download time.

Regards,

Hakan

• 2. Re: Peoplesoft FSCM installation on windows server 2008 64 bit platform?
    praneethpphnanded Newbie

Thanks for the reply HakanBiroglu ,, Yes I am very much new to the peoplesoft technology and the installation too.I have downloaded the peoplesoftware from the edelivery.com and installed windows server 2008 in the oracle virtual box,after that I have installed sql server 2008,weblogic,and the oracle tuxedo,installing peopletools and fscm,as these are the software i have installed them easily,but after these steps I don't know the steps data connectivity and creating peoplesoft database.

As far as I have done the installation do you think I have done it correctly and please guide me with the further steps.

Thanks,,

• 3. Re: Peoplesoft FSCM installation on windows server 2008 64 bit platform?
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE

So far you have installed the necessary components to start the database creation steps. I do believe you missed the Verity installation step, or forgot to mention it here.

The installation manual describes all steps you need to take to create a database and which scripts to run, just carefully read the installation manual.

Before starting the database creation steps, run windows updates a couple of times. It will update SQL Server SNAC to the proper latest version.

Also if you have noticed the installation manual contains a chapter in the appendix on how to install SQL Server with the correct settings.

Regards,

Hakan Biroglu

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points