5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2013 8:44 AM by DecaXD RSS

Cloning and restoring ODI work and master repositories for ODI Upgrade from 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6.0

Hopefully one of the Guru’s out there can lend some advice.

So here is my situation, I just finished upgrading from EPM 11.1.1.3 to 11.1.2.1.  and my next steps are to upgrade ODI 10.1.3.5 to ODI 11.1.1.6.0.

Here is my infrastructure as it applies to ODI.

Current Production App. Server:            

ODI 10.1.3.5 installed on a Windows 2003 Server with EPM 11.1.1.3

Current Production RDBMS Server:

2005 SQL Server as its RDBMS with a “prd_odi_master” and “prd_odi_work” repositories

Current Development App. Server:

ODI 10.1.3.5 installed on a Windows 2003 Server with EPM 11.1.1.3

Current Development RDBMS:

2005 SQL Server as its RDBMS with a “dev_odi_master” and “dev_odi_work” repositories

New Development App Server:

ODI 11.1.1.6.0 (then patch to 11.1.1.6.3) installed on a Windows 2008R2 64-bit with EPM 11.1.2.1

New Development RDBMS Server:

2008R2 SQL Server 64-bit

So, the first thing that I wanted to do is to take a back-up (or clone) of our current production Repositories and have them restored to in the same place (in our current production environment, however we had to have them restored to our development RDBMS, since our production DBAs were not OK with us running the RCC (Repository Compatibility Checker) against production. So it was decided that,

prd_odi_master would be restored to our current dev as prd_odi_master_bckup and

prd_odi_work would be restored to our current dev as prd_odi_work_bckup.

So my initial questions are;

Do these new repositories need to be created with new unique users?

If so is there a recommended way to do this?

Also are there any other things that need to be done to have this work correctly on a different server?

On another note, I was able to run the RCC, against the both prd_odi_master_bckup and prd_odi_work_bckup although am still not sure if it was done correctly, but the output message that I received was:

[FATAL] Due to incomplete reverse engineering, the structure of the repository cannot be analyzed.

>>>>>> Please contact the ODI Support.

Thank you for any assistance that could be provided.