3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2013 8:19 AM by Francisco Amores

FDM and Hyperion Financial Reporting

Mary_Fit

Hi all,

Is it possible to build Financial Reporting reports for FDM application? If it's possible, how to connect to FDM via FinRep?

Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: FDM and Hyperion Financial Reporting
          Francisco Amores

Hi,

I don´t think you can connect Financial Reporting to relational database, you would not be able to query FDM sql data.

Why don´t you use FDM reports?

HTH

• 2. Re: FDM and Hyperion Financial Reporting
            Mary_Fit

Thank you, F.Amores

The problem with FDM reports is that I want to insert dinamic pivots there and worry if it's possible. I can't find such reports between standard ones. For example I want to show all accounts horizontally and all locations vertically and total amounts in their crosses. If it's possible I would like to look at examles, else I wonder how to get this round.

• 3. Re: FDM and Hyperion Financial Reporting
              Francisco Amores

You can build custom reports to use custom SQL query.

You could configure one report such as:

Location     AccountA     AccountB     AccountC

Location1     10000          12311          32423

Location2     21311          50000          20000

I would suggest you start with your SQL query (SQL Developer, MSSQL Studio, Toad...) and try to get data in your format.

Then you can create a report and test this query in SQL Preview to see if it is working (sometimes SQL queries have some restrictions when being used in reports)

Once you have your data in the SQL preview you can build your report to show it.

HTH