11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 12:53 PM by 926021

XML Bursting Erroring in R12

Hi all,

The XML bursting errors out in R12 without any proper details in the log.

XML/BI Publisher Version : 5.6.3

Updating request description

Retrieving XML request information

Preparing parameters

Set Bursting parameters..

Bursting propertes.....

{user-variable:cp:territory=US, user-variable:cp:ReportRequestID=16333920, user-variable:cp:language=en, user-variable:cp:responsibility=53550, user-variable.OA_MEDIA=$OA_MEDIA path, burstng-source=EBS, user-variable:cp:DebugFlag=N, user-variable:cp:parent_request_id=16333920, user-variable:cp:locale=en-US, user-variable:cp:user=<user_name>, user-variable:cp:application_short_name=XDO, user-variable:cp:request_id=16333921, user-variable:cp:org_id=102, user-variable:cp:reportdescription=Custom General Ledger (180 Char) Excel With XML Burst, user-variable:cp:Dummy for Data Security=Y}

Start bursting process..

This been called from the rdf as below:

v_req_id := fnd_request.submit_request(  'XDO',

'XDOBURSTREP',

NULL, NULL, FALSE,'Y',

:p_conc_request_id ,'N'

);

How can I check if the above mentioned Bursting properties are set correct? Also any suggestion on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Ashwini.

• 1. Re: XML Bursting Erroring in R12
          Asif Muhammad

Hi Ashwini,

Please check for errors in the OPP manager log file, as XML reports are processed with help of manager.

Please also refer note:

XDOBURSTREP XML Publisher Report Bursting Program Fails With No Error In The Request Log File [ID 1276845.1]

XML Publisher Report with Bursting Generates 0 Bytes in Attachment and the Error "Start of root element expected" [ID 1235333.1]

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

• 2. Re: XML Bursting Erroring in R12
            Srikkanth.M

Hi,

Check this for xml bursting,

https://sites.google.com/site/shareapps4u/learning-topic/xml-publisher/how-to-use-xml-bursting-to-send-xml-report-via-email

Can you post what error you are getting and pls share the xml bursting control file.

Is whether the program is finished with warning or errored out.

Thanks & Regards

Srikkanth

• 3. Re: XML Bursting Erroring in R12

Thanks Asif..

I could see that the patch mentioned in the Note id -1276845.1 is not applied in the environment. I have asked the DBA to look into this and see if we can apply this.

Will keep you posted on the progress.

Regards,

Ashwini.

• 4. Re: XML Bursting Erroring in R12

Hi Srikanth,

There are no errors in the Burst program. All I see in the log is mentioned in my first post.Below is the XML Bursting file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<xapi:requestset xmlns:xapi="http://xmlns.oracle.com/oxp/xapi">

<xapi:request select="/TWPCO_GLRGNL2_XMLB/LIST_G_BALANCING_SEGMENT/G_BALANCING_SEGMENT">

<xapi:delivery>

<xapi:email server=<outbound mail server> port=<poer number> from="${CP_REQUESTED_BY}" reply-to="${CP_REQUESTED_BY}">

<xapi:message id="123" to="${CF_1}"

cc="" attachment="true"

subject="${CP_SUBJECT} ${SEGMENT2} and Period: ${PERIOD_NAME}">

${CP_EMAIL_VERBAGE}

</xapi:message>

</xapi:email>

</xapi:delivery>

<xapi:document output="${BAL_DATA}_${SEGMENT2}" output-type="excel" delivery="123">

<xapi:template type="rtf" location="$TWPCO_TOP/bin/TWPCO_GLRGNL2_XMLB.rtf">

</xapi:template>

</xapi:document>

</xapi:request>

</xapi:requestset>

The location ="$TWPCO_TOP/bin/TWPCO_GLRGNL2_XMLB.rtf.. The full path is mentioned in the Bursting file.

Thanks,

Ashwini.

• 5. Re: XML Bursting Erroring in R12
                  Kavipriya-Oracle

Can you also check if the output file of bursting program has status report? Also, is the xml report generated from RDF conc program.

Hope XDOBURSTREP is launched from after report trigger in RDF.

• 6. Re: XML Bursting Erroring in R12

Hi Priya,

Since the Bursting program errors, the output file is not generated. Yes the Burst program is called from the After Report trigger in the rdf.

Thanks,

Ashwini.

• 7. Re: XML Bursting Erroring in R12
                      Kavipriya-Oracle

Is the xml generated from your RDF conc pgm?

• 8. Re: XML Bursting Erroring in R12

Yes. Thats correct.

• 9. Re: XML Bursting Erroring in R12

Hi all,

The XML rtf file in the server had a different name than the one mentioned in my Control file, hence was erroring out. I had enabled the Bursting logging and could see this error.But now I had to change my approach from generating the XML file from rdf to tusing the  XML publisher Data definition file. I have a after report trigger package which calls my Bursting program and also my sets all my email address and subject for the Bursting. But the Cost Center and the Company are company from the Data definition query.

Now the issue seems to be like none of the the variables used in my Bursting Control file are getting the value and are passed as Null. Hence my bursting output report is with no data .Since for testing I'm hard coding my email address , I can see the subject is blank and the data in the .xls is not good enough.

Please advise as what I'm missing.

Thanks,

Ashwini.

• 10. Re: XML Bursting Erroring in R12

Hi All,

The main issue now I'm facing is that Null values are getting passed to the Control file.Hence my output getting mailed is also null as it not able to group it properly. Below is my Control file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<xapi:requestset xmlns:xapi="http://xmlns.oracle.com/oxp/xapi"> -<xapi:request select="/XLAAARPT/LIST_G_RUN_LONG_REPORT/G_RUN_LONG_REPORT"> -<xapi:delivery> -<xapi:email reply-to="${CP_REQUESTED_BY}" from="${CP_REQUESTED_BY}" port="port_number" server="outbound mail server"> <xapi:message subject="${CP_SUBJECT} ${SEGMENT2} and Period: ${PERIOD_NAME}" attachment="true" cc="" to="${CF_1}" id="123"> ${CP_EMAIL_VERBAGE} </xapi:message> </xapi:email> </xapi:delivery> -<xapi:document delivery="123" output-type="excel" output="${BAL_DATA}_${SEGMENT2}"> <xapi:template location="/d11/appluat/F12UAT/apps/apps_st/appl/twpco/12.0.0/bin/TWPCO_GLRGNL2_XMLB.rtf" type="rtf"> </xapi:template> </xapi:document> </xapi:request> </xapi:requestset>

Also I could notice that xapi:request select="/XLAAARPT/LIST_G_RUN_LONG_REPORT/G_RUN_LONG_REPORT". If I give anything below this tags I do not see any variable getting the value assigned in the Burst output. But all the tags in the Control file are under some other hierarchy i.e  /XLAAARPT/LIST_G_RUN_LONG_REPORT/G_RUN_LONG_REPORT/LIST_BALANCE_CCID/BALANCE_CCID/LIST_CCID_S/CCID_S/LIST_PERIOD_S/PERIOD_S. 

The SEGMENT2 and BAL_DATA are under the above mentioned hierarchy and these do not get passed. The other variables like CP_REQUESTED_BY,CP_SUBJECT,CF_1 are assigned in the afterTrigger section in the XML and getting Null values.

Thanks,

Ashwini.

• 11. Re: XML Bursting Erroring in R12

Hi Asif,

We have applied this patch but I think the issue was the rtf in the server having a different name.I will test this in another environment without the patch. Now the issue I'm facing is Bursting Control files gets all null value passed.Hence the report and the all the details are null. Also I have changed my approach from rdf to XML data definition file. Below is the control file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<xapi:requestset xmlns:xapi="http://xmlns.oracle.com/oxp/xapi"> -<xapi:request select="/XLAAARPT/LIST_G_RUN_LONG_REPORT/G_RUN_LONG_REPORT"> -<xapi:delivery> -<xapi:email reply-to="${CP_REQUESTED_BY}" from="${CP_REQUESTED_BY}" port="port_number" server="outbound mail server"> <xapi:message subject="${CP_SUBJECT} ${SEGMENT2} and Period: ${PERIOD_NAME}" attachment="true" cc="" to="${CF_1}" id="123"> ${CP_EMAIL_VERBAGE} </xapi:message> </xapi:email> </xapi:delivery> -<xapi:document delivery="123" output-type="excel" output="${BAL_DATA}_${SEGMENT2}"> <xapi:template location="/d11/appluat/F12UAT/apps/apps_st/appl/twpco/12.0.0/bin/TWPCO_GLRGNL2_XMLB.rtf" type="rtf"> </xapi:template> </xapi:document> </xapi:request> </xapi:requestset>

Also I could notice that xapi:request select="/XLAAARPT/LIST_G_RUN_LONG_REPORT/G_RUN_LONG_REPORT". If I give anything below this tags I do not see any variable getting the value assigned in the Burst output. But all the tags in the Control file are under some other hierarchy i.e  /XLAAARPT/LIST_G_RUN_LONG_REPORT/G_RUN_LONG_REPORT/LIST_BALANCE_CCID/BALANCE_CCID/LIST_CCID_S/CCID_S/LIST_PERIOD_S/PERIOD_S.

The SEGMENT2 and BAL_DATA are under the above mentioned hierarchy and these do not get passed. The other variables like CP_REQUESTED_BY,CP_SUBJECT,CF_1 are assigned in the afterTrigger section in the XML and getting Null values.

Thanks,

Ashwini