This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 4:23 AM by Punter RSS

Issue with Java update > 1.6.0_19

Punter Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I am struggling to get results from search functionality of the application which utilizes the signed jar files.

The files have been signed with JDK 1.6.0_45 and are working as expected on client machines having Java (JRE) versions, 1.6.0_10 and 1.6.0_14 i.e. having versions less than 1.6.0_19.

But the same functionality is not working on JRE having versions greater than 1.6.0_19 even though a radio button for option, ‘Enable – hide warning and don’t
run untrusted code’ present under ‘Mixed Code’ settings is checked. Nothing is happening; no error has been thrown but the application has not shown any result as well.

The jar files have been re-signed and verified successfully and below mentioned steps have been performed for the same;

• Make Jar files as zipped files. Change file extension from .jar to .zip
  • Extract the zipped files.
  • Edit Manifest file present in folder, META-INF of each extracted file.
    (Here all the content of Manifest file, except content corresponding to Version is removed.)
  • Then each updated folder is zipped. File extension has been changed to .jar file.
  • Verify the signed Jar files.

Could you please help me on the same in order to resolve the issue and hence to make the stated functionality to work as expected for JRE > 1.6.0_19.

Please let me know if more information is required.

Thanks in advance.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points