Anyone with any ideas please?
I think there are some form properties that have something to do with this. Defer required enforcement?
I don't use required fields myself. I'd advise right click on the name of the form module in form builder and
see what's there?
Thanks for your reply.
As you can see from my original post, I tried the defer required enforcement but it didn't seem to change the functionality.
Its simple.... Click the item which u want , go to property palette... in that a property name "required" will be there...by default it will be yes... if u dont want it as mandatory field, then change it to yes... then from that item, u can go to another item without entering value
Lol, thanks Shabeer .
Now tell me how I can have the field as mandatory but the enforcement is deferred until commit time, using the Validation Unit = Item and Defer Required Enforcement = 4.5 form level properties in Forms 11g. I have set these properties but it doesn't seem to be working for me, it still has the default forms 11g mandatory field functionality (in 188.8.131.52).
In datablock level when-validate-record trigger, write if that field is null then raise the stop alert message.
i.e, if :field_name is null then
and go to propert palette, and Set "Required" to No.
Hope this will help.
What is your exact Forms version? I am using Forms 11g R2 (version 184.108.40.206.0) and I do not have the problem you are having; validation works correctly for me. This could be caused by a bug in your forms version or it could be a result of your upgrade from Forms 6i to 11g. The only time I use the Defer Required Enforcement module property is when I need a field/item required, but I don't want it enforced until the user commits.
To check if you're dealing with a conversion problem, I recommend you create a new form and copy the contents from your converted form to your new form. Then save and run the new form. If validation works OK, then you know that it was the conversion that is causing the issue. This is not uncommon.
If that doesn't work, you can try forcing the Form to drop all of the compiled PL/SQL byte code to see if corrupt byte code is the cause. Do a PL/SQL Find and Replace and replace the semi-colan with a semi-colan (eg; ";" with ";"). This will invalidate all PL/SQL objects and force Forms to drop the compiled byte code.
Forms version is 220.127.116.11 in my testing environment.
These are Forms migrated from Forms 4.5 through 6i. I didn't know that the migration process might be a stumbling block for this, I only want to use this facility due to the forms being migrated!!
The deployment environment is 18.104.22.168.0, though my testing is in 22.214.171.124.
I will try as you suggest, and see what the results are.