1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 24, 2013 10:24 AM by Vadim Tropashko-Oracle RSS

4.0EA1 - "Find Database Objects" Results: All Source Lines - Grouping and Order Problem

David V

In 4.0 EA 1, when using the Find Database Object feature to search "All Source Lines", SQL Developer sorts the results by the text of the source code line, before it sorts by the object name the source code line is actually in. In certain scenarios, this causes the same object to actually show up multiple times in the results, but not grouped together.

To reproduce, create two objects in the same schema:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE my_proc AS

v_MyVar NUMBER(8, 4);

BEGIN

v_MyVar := 1234.5678;

END;

/

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE my_other_proc AS

v_AVar  NUMBER(8, 4);

v_ZVar  NUMBER(8, 4);

BEGIN

v_ZVar := 1234.5678;

v_AVar := 1234.5678;

-- Some comment.

v_AVar := 0;

END;

/

Then, search that schema for the value "1234.5678." In the search results, the "MY_OTHER_PROC" procedure will be listed twice, instead of being grouped together like it should be.

Related to this bug also, the result lines within the same object are shown in alphabetic order, rather than in numeric line order (i.e. the same order they are within the object). To see this, search for "v_AVar" - in the results, you'll see that the result found on line 10 precedes the result found on line 6 of MY_OTHER_PROC. This doesn't make sense - it seems like the results should be in the same order they are within the source, rather than alphabetic by line text.

Thanks for your attention.