1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 24, 2013 8:53 PM by Nick4 RSS

How do I create a Master Detail page without using the wizard?

Nick4

Hi,

I am using APEX 4.2 on 11g.

I have two tables with a one-to-many relationship.

Using the page creation wizard I can successfully create a master detail page with the detail as a tabular form on the same page. All works ok...

But, I already have the master page built, I don't really want to redo it, I just need to add the the detail tabular form manually.

I have added a tabular form and it is working and displaying everything correctly, but clicking Apply Changes on the master does not update the detail table. The detail changes are lost.

How do I make the master Apply Changes button update the detail table?

Nick

• 1. Re: How do I create a Master Detail page without using the wizard?
          Nick4

I worked it out eventually...I deleted and recreated the tabular form and discovered I had been missing the ApplyMRU and ApplyMRD Processes. ???

Here's what was required for those interested...

• Create the tabular form on the existing page with Update, Insert, and Delete functionality.
          • Change 'When Button Pressed' property of ApplyMRU from the Submit button (tab form) to the Apply Changes button (master)
          • Do the same for any Validations that were created with the tabular form.
          • Delete the Cancel and Submit buttons from tabular form.
          • Change conditions on 'Go to page' Branches so Delete does not navigate away from page.
          • Add WHERE clause to tabular form source for the foreign key.

Nick