4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2013 4:56 AM by Nir

Generating a Popup window based on BPM Form outcome

Nir

Hi All,

I'm currently working with a BPM workflow which is going through 6 levels.

Each level having there own forms and each form having different customized buttons to flow the task to different paths. e.g; ASSIGN, CANCEL, RECHECK etc.

These buttons are the outcomes of the Human Task. (I did not add 'Button' from components)

I have a requirement to generate a popup window based on some of the button actions.

This popup will have only two options.

e.g -

Popup window will ask 'Are you sure to proceed ?' then there should be two buttons to select Yes or No.

'Yes' will send the instance to next stage and 'No' will remain the instance in the same user inbox.

How do I do this ???

Thanks,

Nir

• 1. Re: Generating a Popup window based on BPM Form outcome
          Nir

Hi All,

I found the way to generate the popup.

But now my problem is how can I navigate( Complete the task from that level) the task from the Inbox after clicking OK button.

There are several customized buttons in the form (e.g 'APPROVE', 'RECHECK' , 'CANCEL' etc.)

I want to make the instance navigate to next level based on the button clicked.

e.g.

1. User will click on the 'CANCEL' button

2. Popup will display to confirm the action

3. When user click OK in the popup window task should be 'CANCELLED'

(My problem is how to catch the button action he has performed )

Any Ideas ??

Thanks,

Nir

• 2. Re: Generating a Popup window based on BPM Form outcome
            Ravi Jegga

Hi Nir

See if this post of mine helps: How to configure Task Flow with Pop up button Outocme

I intercept many of my Actions for custom validations, pop ups for Confirmation etc. In Pop ups, based on button click, either I leave the task as it is or just invoke the out of box action method for that using APIs means getting bindings of that action. First thing you should know and be familiar is how to invoke Actions programmatically like from Managed Bean either using out of box invokeActionBean or getting Bindings. After this rest is all easy.

Thanks

Ravi Jegga

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Generating a Popup window based on BPM Form outcome
              Nir

Hi Ravi,

Thanks a lot for your reply...

Can you please point me out a good blog or oracle documentation related to "how to invoke Actions programmatically like from Managed Bean either using out of box invokeActionBean or getting Bindings"

It will be a great help for me...

Thanks....

Nir

• 4. Re: Generating a Popup window based on BPM Form outcome
                Nir

Hi Ravi,

Able to route the task to next required stage..  Thanks for your help....

One more problem... The task list is not refreshing till user click on the refresh button. How can i programmatically refresh the task list once popup disappears ??

Thanks again for your big help....

Nir