1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 31, 2013 7:34 AM by user13082861 RSS

Bursting carriage return bug

user13082861

I'm trying to send e-mails through bursting.  With Parameter5, I'm practically composing a lengthy body of a letter, complete with carriage returns and/or line feeds, and the use of CHR(13) or CHR(10).

Example would be like this:

SELECT DISTINCT

'CREATE' AS "KEY",          --group emails by this; must match split by

:Template TEMPLATE,                                   --layout name

'en-US' LOCALE,                                     --template location

'PDF' OUTPUT_FORMAT,                               --data output format

'true' SAVE_OUTPUT,                                 --save file in logs

'EMAIL' DEL_CHANNEL,                                   --how to deliver

'America/New_York' TIMEZONE,                           --how to deliver

'Accessing Your SOIs guide' OUTPUT_NAME, --output file name

'Dear' || FIRSTNAME

|| CHR (13)

|| CHR (13)

|| 'Body of the letter'

|| CHR (13)

|| CHR (13)

||:Closing

|| CHR (13)

|| CHR (13)

|| :Signature

|| CHR (13)

|| :Title

|| CHR (13)

|| :Reply_to

PARAMETER5,

Did you know that if one line in between the '||' is exactly 40 characters long, it will ignore the rest of the CHR(13)'s?

Well, I do!  (This did take some hours of trial and error, too.)

Anyone else experience this and know a workaround other than to not type a 40-character line?

Thanks in advance.