1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 1, 2013 8:12 AM by tony.g RSS

Calling both character mode reports and PDF mode reports from Forms 11g

tony.g

Hi

I have a need to output all of a set of reports in both PDF output and character mode text.

I have no problem creating the PDF files, I set REPORT_DESFORMAT=PDF, set the output file name, call RUN_REPORT_OBJECT and all is fine.

For the text format files I have tried REPORT_DESFORMAT=DFLT and REPORT_DESFORMAT=dflt to match up with the dflt.prt file with a file output suffix of .txt.

However, the .txt files contain data in PDF format and not character mode text list files.

Instead of character text mode, if I try other output types eg HTML then the correct output type is seen, however, I can't seem to tell the reports server to user the character mode text output style.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions please?

(Using 11.1.2.0 Forms and Reports 11g)

Thanks

Tony

• 1. Re: Calling both character mode reports and PDF mode reports from Forms 11g
          InoL

You actually need 2 reports. See the Report Builder Help:

About creating an ASCII (character-mode) report

To create a character-mode report, you first create a bit-mapped report, then convert that report to an ASCII (character-mode) report. The process will create a new character-mode version of your bit-mapped report; the original bit-mapped report remains unchanged.

There is a step-by-step explanation in the Help.