This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2013 1:05 AM by Jim Smith RSS

Connection problem

user10585838 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

When I tried to connect my remote database through tnsname.ora. In New/Select Database Connection screen, I choose connection type "TNS" and Role as "default" and I select one network from
"Network Alias" drop down list. And in the top put my connection name and correct username/password. But when I hit "Connect" button, it failed. Error:Status: Failure- Test failed: SO Eexception was generated. Could you help me to fix this? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Connection problem
    raju Newbie

first you will check network name and after you will give correct username and  password it will connect.

Thanks

Raju

• 2. Re: Connection problem
    user10585838 Newbie

My network name is correct and both the username and password is correct. By the way, I can connect to the database through PL/SQL developer. But I really need this Oracle SQl developer SQL data modeler  is for data model diagram. Any help?

• 3. Re: Connection problem
    Jim Smith Expert

What version of SQL Developer are you using?

What does the relevant section of your TNSNAMES file?

Do you have other databases you can try to connecting to? Do they show the same error.

I can see hints elsewhere that this is a syntax error in the JDBC connection string.  It isn't specific to SQL Developer or even Oracle JDBC.  No one seemed to have an answer for any the questions that I found by googling.

As a workaround  you could use a basic connection and extract the host, port , sid/service entries from the tnsnames.ora

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points