We were all very excited to get the new 12c and we were looking forward with great longing for the new version. So, we must definitely congratulate Oracle and the jDev team that worked so hard in order to pull this out.
From the very first date of the release until now, we keep developing in the brand new 12c and we have spotted some issues that we would like to mention, in case they remain unspotted. Just to share them with you and get probably an opinion or workaround.
1) When we create ViewCriteria we have no control over the check boxes “Ignore Case” and “Ignore Null Values” because both of them are dimmed out (!).
Also, if a bind variable is included in the VC, then the corresponding ViewCriteriaItem will also get automatically the property GenerateIsNullClauseForBindVars="false", although the default value is true! We have to explicitly set to true in the XML file (and not <default>( true)) in order the VC to operate as it used to be.
2) We have followed the recommended approach of having one root AM and all the rest nested under the root. But when we drag and drop a VO inside a page, the iterator created has the “Binds” property set like this:
Binds="FatherAMDataControl.dataProvider.ChildAM.MyTestVO", instead of
Binds="Root.ChildAM.MyTestVO" causing runtime error.
Manually correcting the property in the XML file, has the side effect jDev to create new iterator (again with wrong Binds property) every time we create a new attribute/tree binding in the page.
3) Again having nested AM, the detail iterator of a master-detail does not point (visually with an arrow) to the corresponding VO in the Bindings.
4) In the bindings tab of a page with a region, activation property cannot be set to “<default>Immediate” value. By default the activation is set to “deferred”.
5) Variables inside bindings cannot be set and cannot be used. Please read previous post here https://forums.oracle.com/thread/2562706
6) In general we were expecting a better or even the same IDE performance with the previous jDev 11g R2. Unfortunately, although we have applied the exact same settings with the previous jDev, IDE turns to be slow even when writing java code (type and wait some second(s) to see what we’ve typed). We have unchecked the “Build Changed Projects After Save” as it was causing even worse performance.
7) af:table (with filterable attribute) which stems from query based VOs does not show the filters. Please read here https://forums.oracle.com/thread/2567156
8) dvt pie chart has to be manually refreshed in order to be presented in the right size. At first it shows up too big to fit to the facet and after refreshing it's been redrawn to the right size.
We totally understand the magnitude and the significance of the effort for the 12c with the spectacular new features, but we will also appreciate any workaround or fix of the above mentioned issues.
Message was edited by: apostolosk just added points 7 and 8