Please take a look at this before making any additional posts.
Without some details, it is very difficult to help. We need product versions, for client side issues you should include browser and jre versions, error messages, what you have tried, what you expect, exactly what is happening, and a clear explanation of what you are doing to expose the problem.
1 person found this helpful
Please check the property of the Data block that
--view scroll bar set to YES and
--selection of the Canvas to display the scroll bar is exactly the same as your items are placed
--and finally if you are using multiple datablocks then check whether scrollbars from another datablock shows in your canvas.
Hope this will help you
Hi NunoP, In the object navigator, select window of your form, in the property palette of the window, set the "Show vertical scroll bar" to 'YES'.
And also in the property palette of the data block item, set "Show Scroll Bar" to 'YES'. This might help you.
Check the Scroll bar you shown is correct from datablock.......if you used the datablock name as DBOLCK_NAME then go to the property palette and check the Show scroll bar which is set to YES and ensure that you have given correct canvas name and tab page name...
this problem is due to if you show some other datablock scroll bar to other datablock.
hope u understand...
I'm using 10.1.2.0.2, 32 bits version of Forms.
What is happening is when i click in the scrool bar to go down or up to go through the records, it stays in the same record, but there is no error message.
I have a db block and a non db block where it is happening, but in other blocks it works fine. Maybe i'm missing some property, i already compared the properties and triggers of two blocks, where one of them works fine and the other doesn't work and i found no differences
I can only navigate up and down through the records in that blocks with the Up and Down keys respectively. But i can't with the scroll bar, it is in the same canvas as the items in the block, the window where the canvas is has the property Show Vertical Scroll Bar to 'Yes', The property Show Scroll Bar of the data block is also set to 'Yes'
When i use Up or Down keys to navigate through the records, automatically the Scroll Bar moves up or down respectively
1 person found this helpful
Rather than trying to find a needle in a hay stack, I would recommend taking a step backward. This will help to rule out whether the issue is something you caused or if there is an issue with the environment or product.
- Create a new module in the Builder. Do not add any of your own code.
- In the Builder, connect to a database (File > Connect).
- From the Builder menu, select Tools > Data Block Wizard
- In the Wizard first screen (after Welcome), select Table or View then click Next
- On the next screen, click on Browse to display the tables available to you. Choose one.
- All the columns in that table should appear on the left. Click on the double arrow (>>) to select all of them. Then click on Next
- Click on Next again
- Choose the option to create the data block then open the Layout Wizard. Then click Finish
- In the Layout Wizard, click on Next (after the Welcome scree) to choose the default Canvas. Then click on Next
- Click on the double arrow (>>) to choose all columns. Then click Next
- Click Next again.
- Choose Tabular as the layout style. Click on Next
- Change Records Displayed to 4 and check the box labeled "Display scroll bar".
- Click on Finish
Again, do not make any changes to anything in this form. Run it. Does it reproduce the same problem you experience in your previous form? If this form works correctly, likely the issue is in the design of your other form. If this test form fails in the same manner then you are either exposing a defect or there is an odd configuration issue.
I did what you said and the form works correctly, the issue must be in the design of the other form. What do you suggest ? maybe do a block from scratch and then adding elements to it ?
Honestly, I am having a hard time understand what isn't working. If I understand correctly, you are saying that if you use the down arrow to move down through records, you can see the scrollbar follow as you move down. However, if you use the mouse to move the same scrollbar nothing happens. Is this correct? Have you tried to click on the down arrow of the scrollbar? Have you tried using the handled within the scrollbar to move through records? Does either work?
If my understanding of the problem is correct, I would recommend at least two things before rebuilding the block:
1. Ensure that you are using the latest certified JRE (client machine) version for your Forms version. In other words, if you are using Forms 10.1.2.3, you can use Java Plugin 6U45 (6U51 is available for Oracle Support customers). If you decide to test this version, uninstall ALL other versions before installing this one.
2. Open your form in the Builder then press Shift+Ctrl+K (compile all pl/sql). Then Save. You can use the menu or Ctrl+S. Then generate a new FMX and retest.
3. If you patched from 10.1.2.0 directly to 10.1.2.3, refer to and follow the instructions in MOS Note 1058514.1
If none of these steps help, you can either continue troubleshooting or rebuild the block. Which you decide to do will depend on how knowledgeable you are with Forms.
Yes, that's the behaviour and i have tried to click on the down arrow of the scrollbar and using the handled within the scrollbar to move through records. Nothing works.
About installing the new patch i have some doubts :
- I'm working in a client enterprise who has installed Forms 10.1.2.0 and using JRE 1.6.0_05, to install new patch of Forms do i need to be an Oracle Support Customer ? Maybe i have to ask the client ...
- Supposing i install the new patch, when i'll integrate the new FMX compiled with this Forms version with the Forms compiled with the older version, will i have some compatibility problems in the future ?
Ok, so we may be getting closer. JRE 1.6.0_xx is not supported for use with Forms 10.1.2.0. Using it will result in several java failures, some of which can be seen in the java console. This may be part of your problem. To use Java 6, you need to be running Forms 10.1.2.3 or newer. Refer to the product certification guide for more details.
Answers to your questions and more:
1. Do I need to have access to MyOracleSupport in order to obtain product patches?
Yes. The patch for 10.1.2 can be downloaded using Patch ID 5983622 (http://support.oracle.com)
2. Do I need to regenerate my Forms modules (fmb, mmb, pll) after installing this patch?
No. It is not required that you regenate new Forms modules after installing most patches, although it is recommended.
3. Is Application Server 10.1.2 (or Forms/Reports 10.1.2) entitled to any new patches?
No. Error Correction Support for version 10.1.2 has ended. Customers are encouraged to upgrade to the latest version which is 184.108.40.206