6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2013 4:05 AM by Pnreddy Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Not able to connect to design center

Hi Gurus,

Need your help.

We are not able to connect to design center, but the mappings all are running properly. We have observed in our database one process is running multiple times and below is the name:

wb_rti_service_job.run_service(1, 18002) - if we monitor the sessions and this one is showing many times and it is consuming more memory.

Can you please let me know what it will do and why it is runing multiple times?

what are the steps i need to follow for resolving the design center connection issue.

OWB version 11.0.2

Thanks Much.....Please reply

• 1. Re: Not able to connect to design center

Hi All

In OWB version 11.0.2, if anyone facing this issue and any solution for fixing this..

Please respond.

• 2. Re: Not able to connect to design center
            Pnreddy

Hi,

Generally in OWB the job check_service must be running to monitor the control center service.

If the job check_service find the control center not running it will issue run_service to start the job.

Bou this should not stop you to connect to design center.

Now to resolve your issue i would like to know the following:

1)Are your OWB services(control center service) going down frequently?

2)What is the error that you are getting while connecting to design center?

Regards,

Pnreddy

• 3. Re: Not able to connect to design center

Hi PnReddy,

Thanks for the reply.

Ans 1: No they are not going down since our mappings in production are running as scheduled every day.

Ans 2: It is not giving any error. It is just getting hung without any error. It is simply displaying a plain grey screen.

How do we proceed from this.

Thanks,

• 4. Re: Not able to connect to design center
                Pnreddy

Hi,

If the issue is from a specific client, then as quick solution you can resinstall the OWB client in that and check the connection again.

If the issue is still happening or the issue is from all the clients the need to find the root cause:

My suggestion would be to open a SR with Oracle Support.

Some info on debugging this issue:

->Generate the OWB client trace and get the log to see any helpful info on the issue.

Metalink note 943928.1 lists the steps to generate OWB client trace in 11.2

->Check whether all the Java based clients (like SQL developer) are able to connect to the server.

->Check the listener log on the server side to check whether connection from OWB client is success or not.

Location of the file listener.log: <ORACLE_BASE>/diag/tnslsnr/<server-name>/listener/trace

->Also check the network related issue like the server is raechable from client, are ports required for connection opened etc..

Regards,

Pnreddy.

• 5. Re: Not able to connect to design center

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

I will check the listener.log and trace file and update you. I wanted add one more point to this issue - from same machine we are able to connect to dev and qa without anyissues and while connecting only to production we are facing this issue.

Please suggest.

• 6. Re: Not able to connect to design center
                    Pnreddy

Hi,

As mentioned in my previous post we may get some helpful information from trace files.

Regards,

Pnreddy