For the General Ledger Dashboard, we kept all the OOTB reports using only account code based reporting (i.e. Trial Balance) and not the OOTB metrics. It's almost impossible to use the OOTB Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Profit and Loss. We created new custom metrics based on our chart of account and linked them to the parent accounts from EBS GL to avoid future maintenance. It's an effort but it's the only way to adapt the Financial Reporting to the company.
Thanks a lot for the prompt reply.
Also since it's my first implementation ....sorry for being slow in understanding things.
So as i understood we have to re-code most or almost all metrics and hence the reports in catalog too?
Also can i take that Account code and account names are 2 different things?
What about AP and AR reports and metrics..those needs to be changed too?
Profitability Reports i can see again we will have to customize.
1. GL Account Number and GL Account Name are the same columns.
2. AP and AR metrics should not be customized, in general, except if you want to change the definition of the DSO / DPO of your company.
For the customization of the General Ledger metrics, you have 3 scenarios:
1. You use the General Ledger OOTB metrics from Oracle without any customization. Pros: No customization / Cons: Reports will not be adapted to your Finance organization.
2. You use the General Ledger OOTB metrics from Oracle with customization. As an example, you will have to change the "Revenue" metric to point to correct range of accounts from the chart of accounts of your organization.
3. You don't use the General Ledger OOTB metrics from Oracle and you create your own set of metrics. You will have to take the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss of your company and re-create all the metrics on these reports to ensure BI can adapt and meaningful reporting for your company. This is the path we choose with my company as it was not possible to use the OOTB metrics.
One key advice for your project will be: Do not try to show all the reports. Be sure to use only the ones meaningful and useful for your organization. You can contact me directly if needed.