4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2013 8:58 AM by 1005774 RSS

oracle 11gR2 Fusion Forms/Reports FRM-93652 error calling report

Hello Everyone,

recently setup weblogic 10.3.6 and installed Oracle 11gR2 Forms and Reports.  I have my forms up and running, with basically no issues, however, when i call a report from my Forms, i'm receiving FRM-93652: The runtime process has terminated abnormally.

I have made no changes to the reports configurations after installing.

I put all my .RDF files in a directory within the "middleware/Oracle_FRHome1/forms directory.

I'm migrating from oracle developer suite 10g where everything works just fine.  within the Form, i have created a Report and a Program Unit that sets up the URL.  Not sure at this time if this needs to modified, i'm the report server is not = 'REP1', but in Oracle 11g i don't know how to find out what value to pass.

please help.

sincerely,

steven

• 1. Re: oracle 11gR2 Fusion Forms/Reports FRM-93652 error calling report
          Arun#

Hi steven,

Since you have placed all RDFs in middleware/Oracle_FRHome1/forms directory,

try calling a report using the browser window.  And get back to us with the result.

• 2. Re: oracle 11gR2 Fusion Forms/Reports FRM-93652 error calling report

Thank you for the response.  Here is the error that i received when trying to call a report directly.

REP-52266:  The in-process Reports Server rep_adminserver_adyfs001_asinst_1 failed to start. oracle.reportsRWException:  IDL:oracle/reports/RWException:1.0.

it actually shouldn't be going against the asinst_1 since that installation lacks the Reports WLS directory.  I installed Oracle 11g Forms/Reports in production mode under asinst_2 and even though that is in my string, it continues to try and go against asinst_1.

thank you,

steven

• 3. Re: oracle 11gR2 Fusion Forms/Reports FRM-93652 error calling report
              Arun#

Please note the Solution illustrated by Oracle :

REP-52266: The in-process Reports Server failed to start.

When the standalone server is started, it shuts down immediately.

Solution 3

Enable tracing (see Section 23.3.7, "Tracing Report Execution") and start the in-process Reports Server. The default Reports Server rwserver_diagnostic.log file should capture the actual cause of the problem:

• Reports Server has failed to initialize one of the pluggable data sources or destinations. Correct the configuration for the pluggable data source (PDS) or destination and restart Reports Server. For general information about PDSs, see the Pluggable Data Sources section of the Oracle Reports online Help. For information about the Pluggable Data Sources, see Chapter 13, "Configuring and Using the Pluggable Data sources".
              • The engine has failed to start. Check the rwEng_{engNo}_diagnostic.log file in the $DOMAIN_HOME/servers/WLS_REPORTS/logs/reports directory. This file must contain the following lines:
                Debug 50103 (EngineImpl:EngineImpl): CInitEngine returns 0 Info 55003 (RWEngine:init): Register this engine to Oracle Reports Server server_name 

If the rwEng_{engNo}_diagnostic.log file does not contain these lines, it means that the engine has failed to start.

If the CinitEngine return value in the file is negative, then it represents an error in initializing the Reports Engine.If the CinitEngine return value is not equal to zero, check the System environment variable PATH if you are using Windows and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable in setdomainenv.sh file which is located in DOMAIN_HOME/bin if you are using Solaris. For the in-process Reports Server, the values of PATH andLD_LIBRARY_PATH are taken from the System environment variable PATH for windows and LD_LIBRARY_PATH in setdomainenv.sh file which is located in DOMAIN_HOME/bin for Solaris.

• 4. Re: oracle 11gR2 Fusion Forms/Reports FRM-93652 error calling report

Thank you for all the suggestions.  I reloaded weblogic and oracle 11g Forms/Reports in a "production" mode, all is working now.

sincerely,

steven