Please explain the URL passed from forms to call the report.
- In your URL , you are calling REP. You should replace it with an RDF file, in order to work.
- So, try with the following correction. &report=c:\test.rdf ( Dont forget to place the test.RDF file in c:\)
If still getting errors,
- Make sure you started the OC4J instance ( available under forms / reports developer menu in windows )
- Call the following URL through browser to start the report server, if not yet started :-
And... get back with the result you got
I tried by changing &report=c:\test.rdf
Then called the following URL
it displayed 1/0
Then again i tried to call the report.
It shows same message REP-501:Unable to connect the specified Database.
My Operating system is windows XP
Where is your oracle database installed? In the same machine or a different one?
If your DB is on the same machine, try again without providing the connection string.
On getting the reports login page, enter test as username and testdb as password. Don't issue connect string
Then manually provide the parameter. Try this out and let me know.
I tried as per your previous instruction.
REP-1247: There exist uncompiled program unit(s).
REP-1247: Report contains uncompiled PL/SQL.
- Using Reports Builder, connect as test/testdb
- Open c:\test.rdf file and recompile it ( Ctrl + T ) and save the RDF ( Ctrl +S)
- Then run the report again. You should overcome the REP-1247 error.
But i am using Oracle developer suite10g.
Message was edited by: Ansaf
Now what is the error you are getting
I am using Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0
Oracle developer suite 10g.
Operating system: windows XP
DB installed in my local machine.
Once i restart my machine i am not able to call the reports from forms10g.
to run the report from forms i have to delete the report server file and again create it.
And then i call the report it is working.
Now my problem is each and every restart i have to delete the report server file and recreate it.
Try replacing the reports call with web.show_document and also you could omit &server= parameter