This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2013 10:09 AM by user8860348 RSS

Install PT8.53 with Linux issue: Login Process for Data Mover and Application Designer

user8860348 Explorer
Currently Being Moderated

Folks,

Hello. I am installing PeopleTools 8.53 Internet Architecture.

Database Server is Oracle Database 11gR1.

OS is Oracle Linux 5.

I have installed JDK7, WebLogic 10.3.6, Tuxedo 11gR1 and PeopleTools 8.53 successfully into Oracle Linux 5.

I have been setting up PeopleTools8.53 Database. Because the Install Wizard has problem, I set up PeopleTools 8.53 Database manually using Oracle starter database instance PT853. I have run the following scripts:
1) utlspace.sql
2) dbowner.sql
3) ptddl.sql
4) psadmin.sql
5) psroles.sql
6) connect.sql

Then, we need to run Data Mover script in a Windows XP Client machine to populate PeopleTools Database instance PT853 in Linux Sever machine.

I have installed Oracle Database 11gR2 client for 32-bit Windows in my 64-bit Windows XP Virtual Machine and run it successfully.

In Oracle Linux 5 Server Machine Net Manager:

Service Name: PT853
Connection Type: Database Default
Protocol" TCP/IP
Host Name: 192.168.196.102
Port Name: 1521

Listener: LISTENER
Protocol: TCP/IP
Host: 192.168.196.102
Port: 1521

I test the Service PT853 using UserID "SYSADM" and Password "SYSADM". The connection is successful.

In Windows XP Client machine, the information in Net Manager is the same, and the connection is successful as well. Its details are as below:

Net Service Name: PT853
Protocol: TCP/IP
Host name of Database Machine: 192.168.196.102
Port Number: 1521
Database Service Name: PT853
Connection Type: Database Default

This means Windows XP can connect with Oracle Linux 5 successfully. But in Windows XP Client machine, Data Mover and Application Designer cannot login into Database Instance PT853 in Linux Server machine. Its details are below:

Configuration Manager:
Database Type: Oracle
Database Name: PT853
User ID: SYSADM
Connect ID: people
Connect Password: people

Data Mover:
Password: SYSADM

Application Designer:
Password: SYSADM

When login into Data Mover and Application Designer, I got the same error:

ORA-12154:TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified. Invalid user ID and Password for signon.

Based on my understanding, Data Mover and Application Designer's login process requires 3 tables in SQL Server:PSOPRDEFN, PSACCESSPRFL, PSSTATUS. I am not sure the Login Process in Oracle Database. I have checked the Database instance PT853 in Linux and there is only one table "PSDBOWNER" created by the scripts.

My question is:

Can any folk tell me the Login Process for Data Mover and Application Designer in Oracle Database ? Requires only one table "PSDBOWNER" ?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Install PT8.53 with Linux issue: Login Process for Data Mover and Application Designer
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE

The three tables you are talking about do not exists at this stage, right after the database creation. They are loaded during the very first DMS database setup. All of them are required for AppDEsigner connection (which cannot be done with SYSADM, bootstrap).

The table PSDBOWNER contains the owner (userid, SYSADM) and the database name (entry in tnsnames.ora of your client). This is the only table required for bootstrap mode connection (Datamover only).

I'd think you have discrepencies between service name (check your listener on the server), tnsnames entry on your client and the database name defined in PSDBOWNER.

Nicolas.

• 2. Re: Install PT8.53 with Linux issue: Login Process for Data Mover and Application Designer
    user8860348 Explorer

Folks,

Hello. Thanks a lot for replying.

In Windows XP Client machine, Net Manager and Configuration Manager have been set correctly. The file "tnsnames.ora" in both machines is correct.

In Linux Server machine SQL developer, I have checked the table "psdbowner" and there is no entry in this table. It's supposed to be one entry (PT853, SYSADM) in the table psdbowner for Data Mover Boot Strap mode to login. I have tried to do SQL statement "insert into psdbowner values (PT853, SYSADM);" but get this error: Error at command line: column not allowed here.

I try to find out why no entry in "psdbowner". The thing is that :

First, when run the script "dbowner.sql", I got this error: system/manager password expired. I changed "system/manager" to "SYSADM/SYSADM" and run the script again successfully.
    Second, when run the script "psadmin.sql", I got this error: ORA-01920: user name 'SYSADM' conflicts with another user or role name.

I assume the errors in the scripts "psdbowner.sql" and "psadmin.sql" cause no entry in the table "psdbowner" and Data Mover Boot Strap mode cannot login. Do you I think I am correct ? How to solve Data Mover Boot Stap login issue ?

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Install PT8.53 with Linux issue: Login Process for Data Mover and Application Designer
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE

Oh my, plenty of errors action out here. If PSDBOWNER has no row, then it has to be solved at the time the error came out. Why replacing it by SYSADM in first ? Why it is complaining about SYSADM already existing ? Most likely YOU created it manually, where you should not.

Again, and again same story. And again, sorry to say but you should take Linux basics training, Oracle basics training and sorry to be harsh but reading training as well to read properly the Peopletools Installation Guide where all the required steps are really described in details.

I do not think anyone can help you out from the other side of the network in these regards,

Nicolas.

• 4. Re: Install PT8.53 with Linux issue: Login Process for Data Mover and Application Designer
    user8860348 Explorer

Nicolas,

Hello. Thanks a lot for replying.

I reinstalled PeopleTools 8.53 in Linux Server machine.

I deleted the existing Database instance PT853 and created a fresh new instance PT853 using DBCA.

I run the following scripts again successfully.

1) utlspace.sql

2) dbowner.sql

3) ptddl.sql

4) psadmin.sql

5) psroles.sql

6) connect.sql 

In Linux Server side, all clients (NetCA, DBCA, SOL Deveoper, SQL Plus ...) run on Database Server correctly.

Now, the Problem is on Windows XP Client side. Let's end this thread and start with a new discussion.

Thanks.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points