1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 26, 2013 8:17 PM by dmcghan RSS

Enkitec Navbar - possible bug: conditional list entries.

Jonathan Taylor

I think I have found a bug in the Enkitec Navbar (latest version 1.2.0 on Apex 4.2)

If the "first child" item of a level 1 menu has a condition or authorization that causes the item to not render - then the rest

of the level 2 items in the submenu do not show, and the little "drop-down" (V) icon does not show on the level 1 item.

That "first child" must also have child entries (with the same condition/authorization) for the bug to appear.

E.g. If the Menu is defined as:-

Menu V

Workspace A V

Option 1

Workspace B

Option 2

Workspace C

And "Workspace A" and "Option 1" have condition/authorization that causes it not to show, then the menu is not rendered correctly - only the top level Menu is showing, with no sub-items.

For a demo - see http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=35199

The 3 items for Workspace A-C correspond to conditions and authorization schemes that should cause the corresponding menu items to hide/show.

Submitting the page will show/hide the relevant menus.

These work correctly for Workspaces B and C.

However, it does not work when Workspace A is set to "No".

If you view the source of the page - you will notice that Workspace B and C are actually in the list - but not showing.

I think it is only the rendering of the HTML for the "Menu" that is wrong - it does not have the drop-down V icon showing.

Jonathan.