3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2013 3:05 PM by 1033428 Branched from an earlier discussion.

Re: Getting OCA certificate

Hello guys!

Please note that I am new to this forum and I would kindly ask you to please indicate which is the best place to find and buy or "rent" if possible the exam questions from the Oracle OCA certification.

I want to take the MySql certification in a few weeks and then the DBA. To be more precise, exams 1z0-051 and 1z0-052.

I recently heard about [brain dump provide name removed by moderator], but they seem a bit expensive. Nevertheless, please tell me which ones do you recommend for a success and not a fail.

Thank you for your time and help!

I am really looking forward in hearing back from you!

• 1. Re: Getting OCA certificate
          Matthew Morris

I would kindly ask you to please indicate which is the best place to find and buy or "rent" if possible the exam questions from the Oracle OCA certification.

I want to take the MySql certification in a few weeks and then the DBA. To be more precise, exams 1z0-051 and 1z0-052.

Using exam questions is *not* the way to study for certification exams.  Using them does not allow you to learn the information that is being tested or prepare you to do the job the certification is about. The only good use of practice tests is if you want to check to see how ready you are to take the real exam after having studied other material.  You can find links to materials for those two exams at the following URLs:

Oracle Certification Prep: Exam details and preparation resources for 1Z0-051

Oracle Certification Prep: Exam details and preparation resources for 1Z0-052

I recently heard about [dump provider removed by moderator], but they seem a bit expensive. Nevertheless, please tell me which ones do you recommend for a success and not a fail.

Testking is a brain dump provider.  Their material is prohibited by Oracle and if you are found to have used their material your certification can be revoked.  There are very few legitimate providers.  The only ones Oracle recommends are Transcender and SelfTestSoftware (both owned by Kaplan).  Ucertify.com also has legitimate material, but gets mixed reviews on quality.  I talk about Transcender and STS in the article below:

How to Use Practice Tests Effectively When Studying for an Oracle Certification

• 2. Re: Getting OCA certificate

Thank you kindly for your reply! I just heard about them yesterday and didn't know what to think. I am using the book provided by Oracle in order to study and now I want to prepare for exam questions.

I will take a look at Transcender as indicated by you. Thank you kindly again for warning me about [dump provider removed by moderator].

• 3. Re: Getting OCA certificate

I just checked Transcender and i like it a lot. Also the links indicated about the extra materials are really helpful.

Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it. I have read the book from beginning to end twice now and i want to get prepared in order to achieve the best result possible as i study a lot daily and put a lot of effort into it.

My apologizes if i have ofended anyone with my first post.