1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2013 1:05 AM by 979970 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Nested tab in adf

Ray,

I'm trying to nest a pannel tab(sub tabs) under show detail item of another pannel tab(base tab). Now the base tab has a table and panel form which will be shown in the page when user clicks on it. The sub tabs also has a table and a panel form. Now when user clicks on a sub tab the content related to it will be shown in the page in place of the previous content. Basically I want to show the user different contents related to the base tab and the sub tabs on the same page dynamically whenever user clicks on them.

• 16. Re: Nested tab in adf
          raykdogs

SO, the top row has tabs.  Let's think about 1 of those tabs.

Under that base tab, there is a table.

Under the table is another row of tabs.

Let's think about one of these subtabs.

When you click on a subtab, the contents of that subtab is displayed.

What else do you want to see?

• 17. Re: Nested tab in adf

No actually what I want to is the top row has tabs and below it are sub tabs.

Under that the table related to the base tab will be displayed initially.

Now if the user clicks on a sub tab, the table related to it will be displayed in place of the old one. Got it?

• 18. Re: Nested tab in adf
              raykdogs

I got it, but I think there is a flaw in your design.  Each subtab should hold content specific to that subtab.

When you click on a new subtab, you are actually getting completely different content.

The table on the first subtab is specific to that subtab.

If you go to the second subtab, there should be another table on that subtab that is related to that subtab.

Are you saying you want the same table on different subtabs?

I think you may want to use command links that would change the table when clicked.

• 19. Re: Nested tab in adf

Ray,

I think you are right. My design looked a bit flawed. I've to review it.

Thanks

1 2 Previous Next