5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 7:48 AM by InoL RSS

To tune LOV in forms 10g and change parameters FORMS_COMPUTED_RGFS_DIVIDEND, FORMS_MAX_COMPUTED_RGFS,

user3788612

Pls let me how to chage this system parameters.

FORMS_COMPUTED_RGFS_DIVIDEND, FORMS_MAX_COMPUTED_RGFS,

and FORMS_MIN_COMPUTED_RGFS

I could not find it in registory.

I need to change the parametrs as I need a quick reterival of data in LOV.

Pls let me know like a lay man the procedure to do it.

Thanks in Advance.

• 1. Re: To tune LOV in forms 10g and change parameters FORMS_COMPUTED_RGFS_DIVIDEND, FORMS_MAX_COMPUTED_RGFS,
          InoL

>I need to change the parametrs as I need a quick reterival of data in LOV.

What documentation did you use that says that these parameters have to be changed? Those are not standard Forms system parameters.

• 2. Re: To tune LOV in forms 10g and change parameters FORMS_COMPUTED_RGFS_DIVIDEND, FORMS_MAX_COMPUTED_RGFS,
            user3788612

You can refer the help in D2k for record group fetch size . These parameters are given there. For your reference I am pasting you the help of D2k. I have got this from D2k help.

Record Group Fetch Size Property Description Specifies the number of records in the record group to be fetched for each fetch operation. A larger fetch size reduces the number of fetches required to obtain the record group. For example, a record group of 5000 records will require 500 trips to be fetched if Record Group Fetch Size is set to 10, but only 5 trips if Record Group Fetch Size is set to 1000. When the RECORD GROUP FETCH SIZE is set to 0, then, The value is not defaulted to 20; Forms calculates the optimised FETCH SIZE depending upon the size and type of the column(s) under consideration. With Oracle Forms, the Record Group Fetch Size Property now defaults to 0 instead of 20. Oracle Forms calculates the optimized FETCH SIZE depending on the size and type of column(s) under consideration. Also, the way in which the actual value is computed when a value of 0 is specified has changed. The actual value in this case is now 0.5 M / total_record_size (i.e. sum_of_column_sizes, not max_column_size), but no more than 100 and no less than 20.  The coefficients (0.5 M, 100, and 20) can be changed by setting these environment variables:  FORMS_COMPUTED_RGFS_DIVIDEND, FORMS_MAX_COMPUTED_RGFS, and FORMS_MIN_COMPUTED_RGFS. In previous releases, the actual value in this case was roughly 64K / max_column_size (i.e. the size of the largest CHAR column). Applies to record group functional  Set Oracle Forms Default 0 Required/Optional required Usage Notes Only available when Record Group Type is set to Query.

• 3. Re: To tune LOV in forms 10g and change parameters FORMS_COMPUTED_RGFS_DIVIDEND, FORMS_MAX_COMPUTED_RGFS,
              InoL

>You can refer the help in D2k for record group fetch size

Wow, that is indeed very well hidden in the Help. Even Search in the the Help Navigator didn't show these parameters.

(D2K refers to Developer 2000, which is Forms 4.5. I guess you mean Forms Builder 10g)

>I could not find it in registory.

If a parameter is not yet defined in the registry, you can just add it (in HKLM\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\Key_DevSuite10g). If there is no specific value in the registry, Forms will just use a default value.

• 4. Re: To tune LOV in forms 10g and change parameters FORMS_COMPUTED_RGFS_DIVIDEND, FORMS_MAX_COMPUTED_RGFS,
                user3788612

To Inol

>I could not find it in registory.

If a parameter is not yet defined in the registry, you can just add it (in HKLM\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\Key_DevSuite10g). If there is no specific value in the registry, Forms will just use a default value.

-- where did u find this thing. Which documentation. Can u show the link.

How did u know which registory it had to be added.

Under Key_DevSuite10g theer are many key parameters like CDOC72 which has parameter like defaults,cdocs72, product name ect.

Do you meant to add a new parameter on left hand side of the window and give the default value

OR

to add in obne of the parameters.. if I have to add in one ofthe paramenters then under which parameter  should I add.

Thanks in advance.

• 5. Re: To tune LOV in forms 10g and change parameters FORMS_COMPUTED_RGFS_DIVIDEND, FORMS_MAX_COMPUTED_RGFS,
                  InoL

>How did u know which registory it had to be added.

All Oracle registry entries are found under HKLM\SOFTWARE\ORACLE, so it was not difficult to see that you need to go to Key_DevSuite10g for Developer 10g entries.

Use Edit -> New -> String Value to add a new key (FORMS_COMPUTED_RGFS_DIVIDEND etc.) directly under Key_DevSuite10g. You can see that there are already other Forms keys there (like FORMS_PATH).