1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 3:32 PM by Hyp201207 RSS

Is it a best practice to Input Data directly to <Parent Currency>?

NagaVK

Dear Gurus,

I understand this question is very simple, but I am wondering is it a best practice to Input data directly into <Parent Currency>?

I am having a scenario where users do translation in Oracle and they wish to see the same number in HFM. As the process that they follow is unique in nature by Entity->Account [OR] for all Entities->Account, creating Override accounts is not helping us and rapidly increasing the Override hierarchy month-on-month.

Thanks...

Satya

• 1. Re: Is it a best practice to Input Data directly to <Parent Currency>?
          Hyp201207

By overriding the accounts, I assume you are referring to accounts that are translated historically as opposed to the default translation performed by HFM?

If so, I have seen two general approaches to achieve this:

a) Allowing the user to directly override the translation at IsTransCurr (i.e. <parent currency> if parent is in a currency other then entity)

b) Entering in a special currency rate in a rate account and then adjusting the translate routine to translate your account by that rate.

I personally, am a bigger fan of the first option.