2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2013 3:41 PM by Jason_(A_Non) RSS

Steps to Migrate XML from IBM's DB2 database to ORACLE DATABASE (11.2)

Jorden M

Hello,

I am looking for urgent help here related to XML (to migrate from IBM DB2 Database to ORACLE Database)...!!

Currently i am working as Oracle DBA on Migration Project: "IBM DB2 Database to Oracle Database (11.2)", here i am finding trouble in migrating XML section of it, as i am not familiar with DB2 XML nor Oracle XML functionality, as its new for me, Could anyone please assist me with the steps to migrate this or with the basic knowledge on this, i tried to find the solution of it on internet but could not able to help myself as things are getting messed up.

Thanks in advance...!!

• 1. Re: Steps to Migrate XML from IBM's DB2 database to ORACLE DATABASE (11.2)
          Jorden M

Someone please share your thoughts on this..!!

• 2. Re: Steps to Migrate XML from IBM's DB2 database to ORACLE DATABASE (11.2)
            Jason_(A_Non)

This is a forum of volunteers.  There were five hours between your original post and follow-up.

If you seek official answers from Oracle, then the course of action is to open a SR with them.  If you seek assistance from random people who usually enjoy working with Oracle, then this is the place.

As this is an Oracle based forum, you will need to provide details on what formats DB2 can export the desired data into.  Last time I touched DB2 was over 10 years ago.  I would guess you will end up going a simple text file method to transfer between the two, but that is making an assumption that there is no way for the two systems to communicate directly.

What are you loading the XML into in 11.2.0.x?  How about data volume or XML size?

There are plenty of examples for loading XML from flat files into the DB.  Whether that is really the best approach for you depends upon a lot of things we don't know.